Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Match targets question

+3
farmboy
STEVE SAMELAK
Brettitt41
7 posters

Go down

1st Match targets question Empty 1st Match targets question

Post by Brettitt41 3/4/2014, 7:26 pm

Ok I hope to make my first match this month so I am trying to reduce the amount of needed info before it gets here. Who supplies the targets I will be shooting? Same for repair pasters or is a new target hung? Are the targets purchased extra or included in the entry fee? Thanks.

Brettitt41

Back to top Go down

1st Match targets question Empty Re: 1st Match targets question

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 3/4/2014, 7:36 pm

the targets and repair supplies should be there & included in the fees
sometimes you need to have a stapler
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/4/2014, 8:18 pm

STEVE SAMELAK wrote:the targets and repair supplies should be there & included in the fees
sometimes you need to have a stapler
Just the cheap $7 stapler you can get at Menard's, Lowes, Home Depot.  Throw some extra staples in your bag.  Not sure about you but I always run out at the worst possible times.  A water bottle is also helpful on hot days.

Last edited by ChipEck on 3/4/2014, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 3/4/2014, 8:47 pm

a clipboard will come in handy...depending on how the scoring will be done
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy 3/4/2014, 9:04 pm

Take roll of masking tape as a backup if no pasters
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 3/4/2014, 11:03 pm

If you are a Tyro or a Marksman, you are expected to provide pasters for the Masters and High Masters.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 3/4/2014, 11:25 pm

HA!

That should be easy!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 3/4/2014, 11:30 pm

On a more serious note, the match bulletin will often have details on what you are expected to provide for yourself and what is provided for you.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 3/5/2014, 8:12 am

I just started shooting last year and I learned about using masking tape for pasters at clinic I attended before my first match.  By my 2nd match I was wondering if I shouldn't have bought the 5 pack.   Laughing 

My first target and then my first match without using a paster were both a real sense of accomplishment.

Good shooting and enjoy yourself!
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/5/2014, 9:34 am

Brett, I assume since you are from Newnan ga you will be shooting Conyers South river gun club bullseye match this sunday, I will be there and any of us can help you get started, here is what you will need, your guns, ammo for each of the 3 sections which is 90 rounds per section, its good to have at least 10 extra in case of a alibi. A clipboard to hold scoring cards, pen, a stapler and staples(most of us use a small one sold at hobby lobby stores for 9.00, but any kind of medium or HD will work, you can order pasters and many other cool bullseye items from bullseyegear.com but a small roll of 1/2'' masking tape will do fine too, a spotting scope to check your shots is nice but optional, eye and ear protection is mandatory, a chair is nice to have also, all your targets will be furnished, we start with a new full size 50 yard and after that use repair centers to repair after each 10 shot string. bring any drinks or snacks you might want but they have a clubhouse that has lunch and drinks available for sale too. match starts at 10am, this is daylight saving time weekend so don't forget to set your clock forward! Hope to see you there.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brettitt41 3/5/2014, 6:17 pm

DavidR wrote:Brett, I assume since you are from Newnan ga you will be shooting Conyers South river gun club bullseye match this sunday, I will be there and any of us can help you get started, here is what you will need, your guns, ammo for each of the 3 sections which is 90 rounds per section, its good to have at least 10 extra in case of a alibi. A clipboard to hold scoring cards, pen, a stapler and staples(most of us use a small one sold at hobby lobby stores for 9.00, but any kind of medium or HD will work, you can order pasters and many other cool bullseye items from bullseyegear.com but a small roll of 1/2'' masking tape will do fine too, a spotting scope to check your shots is nice but optional, eye and ear protection is mandatory, a chair is nice to have also, all your targets will be furnished, we start with a new full size 50 yard and after that use repair centers to repair after each 10 shot string. bring any drinks or snacks you might want but they have a clubhouse that has lunch and drinks available for sale too. match starts at 10am, this is daylight saving time weekend so don't forget to set your clock forward! Hope to see you there.

Dang I didn't get the info for the SRGC match. I was getting ready for the RBGC match in Dawsonville. I have all of this in my bag, so I'm good there. May want to pick up some 2" masking tape though I don't think 1/2" will cover them all.  Shocked

Brettitt41

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/5/2014, 8:52 pm

Yes south river gun club Conyers ga 2700 this Sunday start time 10am  directions can be found on the srgc web site
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/6/2014, 12:27 pm

oh, one more thing you must have!!! a open chamber indicator , this can just be a piece of weed eater line. if you don't have one im sure we can fix you up with one.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down