Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thick Flange bushings legal for Service Pistol?

+2
C.Perkins
LongSlide
6 posters

Go down

Thick Flange bushings legal for Service Pistol? Empty Thick Flange bushings legal for Service Pistol?

Post by LongSlide Sun May 25, 2014 9:27 am

Anyone know?

LongSlide

Back to top Go down

Thick Flange bushings legal for Service Pistol? Empty Re: Thick Flange bushings legal for Service Pistol?

Post by C.Perkins Sun May 25, 2014 12:42 pm

I just went over the rule book three times and still cannot decide if it would be legal or not in a 1911.(I would assume it would be legal but you know what they say about assumptions).

Also looking at he M9, you can use a barrel that has a threaded cone attached, but cannot use an external barrel bushing that is secured to the slide that the barrel reciprocates through cause it changes the appearance, unlike the threaded cone does not change the appearance ?

I would need someone at CMP to clarify these rules cause it is really not so clear to me.
Maybe pictures of what is and is not legal would help.
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Thick Flange bushings legal for Service Pistol? Empty Re: Thick Flange bushings legal for Service Pistol?

Post by gitkrunk Sun May 25, 2014 2:22 pm

You will be fine. Get ahold of Christina if you want to double check.

Christina Roguski
Competition Associate
Civilian Marksmanship Program
Phone: [url=tel:419-635-2141;1114]419-635-2141 ext. 1114[/url] Fax: [url=tel:419-635-2802]419-635-2802[/url]
croguski@thecmp.org
gitkrunk
gitkrunk

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry lehrer Mon May 26, 2014 3:38 pm

My thick flange Shockey bushing always has been ruled legal for Service Pistol.  But my hex-
socket grips screws were not.  I quickly changed them with screws bought from the Marine
Corps Armorers at the match.  They charged me $5 for all 4 screws.

Jerry

jerry lehrer

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon May 26, 2014 4:35 pm

I guess I will put my .02 worth in.I think the way the rules read there should be no problem with the thick flange.I would also draw your attention to page 34 of the CMP rules for service pistol.http://odcmp.com/Competitions/Rulebook.pdf  the rule clearly states that any and all configurations of the grip screws are legal.You have to read the little box next to replacement grips.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry lehrer Mon May 26, 2014 4:43 pm

Len,

That rejection was in the 1970's, probably before that page 34 was written.

Jerry

jerry lehrer

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon May 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Jerry
I remember when only the slotted screws were allowed.I just didn't want someone with a" Range Officer"and its hex screws thinking it was still in effect.Back to the original post and the thick flange. Page 37 of those same rules I mentioned say that any flange that sticks out past(and changes) the original configuration is not legal.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by LongSlide Mon May 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Ugh...  I didn't see any reference to a flange or how far it sticks out, but I did find this.

Table 3 -- Legal and Illegal Service Pistol Modifications
Modifications to M1911 .45 cal. and M9 9 mm type pistols

"External barrel bushing or nosepiece" is illegal because it "Changes external configuration of
pistol
"

This is a clear as mud.  I think I'll have to email Christina.

LongSlide

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 Tue May 27, 2014 4:11 am

Yes a thick flange bushing is legal for service pistol.  "External barrel bushing or nosepiece" is illegal because it "Changes external configuration of pistol" is talking about an M9.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down