Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Geezer" Cart for Camp Perry

+13
-TT-
Vociferous
james r chapman
AllAces
dronning
Motorcycle_dan
KenO
BE Mike
Rob Kovach
CrankyThunder
Axehandle
DavidR
Dockokol
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Geezer" Cart for Camp Perry Empty "Geezer" Cart for Camp Perry

Post by Dockokol Wed Jun 04 2014, 10:55

This is my first trip to Perry and I am trying to find a "geezer cart",  aptly named in my case, that folds to bring along.  I have seen the blue folding carts but when I put my shooting box in one it fills it up.  I understand I will need to bring drinks and "stuff" as well.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a cart that will fit between the stations but is longer than the standard dock side blue plastic one I have seen in the photos?

Also, I will be brining family with me.  Can they just set up a chair in the area behind the firing line?

Thanks, really looking forward to this.
Doc

Dockokol

Back to top Go down

"Geezer" Cart for Camp Perry Empty Re: "Geezer" Cart for Camp Perry

Post by DavidR Wed Jun 04 2014, 11:34

here is a cool one, I saw this in person and its by far better than those dock models, this one is being sold by one of the forum supporters, Distinguished Precision, he is just starting his bullseye and shooter supply, his price is very good too. just 75.00 if possible  support him he is a great guy.
http://distinguishedprecision.3dcartstores.com/The-Mac-Sports-Folding-Utility-Wagon_p_239.html
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle Wed Jun 04 2014, 16:30

That is nice!  I had looked at those contraptions you see at airports but this folding wagon thing looks like a better way to go.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Wed Jun 04 2014, 19:58

dear axehandle:

I have to recommend that you forgo the aforementioned folding garden carts. I purchased one a while ago for a number of uses and with a moderate load, two lightweight chairs, a cooler, and a fishing rod, the front wheels buckled under the cart. Unrepairable and tried to return it and they claimed I overloaded it.

bit the bullet and purchased the fish-n-mate cart. Lightweight, comes with a bumper mount carrying device which expands your vehicle capacity, and hauled two large completely stocked coolers and even has a kitchen sink as a option. it was designed for atlantic pier fishermen such that they could haul it back to their vehicle and keep everything (fish guts, bait, and slime) outside their station wagon and haul everything back home.

while I use it for many purposes, when shooting, it carries two beach chairs, either my pistol box or my long rifle, my 3 position duffle bag if doing 3 position, a large yeti cooler, a umbrella, and all the refreshments required for a long day on the hot range.

check them out and while they are primarily designed for fishermen, they are easily adaptable for shooters.

Mine outfits me for a day at the beach with the family, or a day pier fishing on the great lakes with my buddies, pistol competition shooting, rifle competition shooting, camping (firewood gathering), and hauling the keg for the softball games. you can even attach it to the tail end of your bicycle although I rigged up a harness to tow it behind the Harley which works out best for me.

Regards,
Cranky
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Wed Jun 04 2014, 21:54

Cranky,

Do you have a source for those fisherman carts?  I haven't seen them for sale the last couple years.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Thu Jun 05 2014, 10:07

DavidR wrote:here is a cool one, I saw this in person and its by far better than those dock models, this one is being sold by one of the forum supporters, Distinguished Precision, he is just starting his bullseye and shooter supply, his price is very good too. just 75.00 if possible  support him he is a great guy.
http://distinguishedprecision.3dcartstores.com/The-Mac-Sports-Folding-Utility-Wagon_p_239.html
They sell the same folding wagon at Sam's Club for quite a bit less.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Thu Jun 05 2014, 10:50

yes looks like sams has it for 18.00 less, that is if you paid them 30.00 fee to be a member, but the price of 75.00 is still better than the normal 89.95 many places want, as to working good, it holds a 150 lb and if you haul more crap than that around perry you might need a bumper mounted mini dump truck but most of us don't. lol

The folding dock carts that every one used in the past can be found here;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEACH-CART-DOCK-CART-BEACH-LUGGER-SURF-FISHING-DOLLY-UTILITY-CART-EASY-TOTE-2W-/151312528742?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233aedf566

I have one, they are ok but they cost a bit more , this ad on ebay is the best I saw at 104.00 w/free shipping. Many other options, ive seen them built from golf bag carts that work good.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Fri Jun 06 2014, 20:17

Rob Kovach wrote:Cranky,

Do you have a source for those fisherman carts?  I haven't seen them for sale the last couple years.

Rob:

Try these guys:

http://www.terminatortackle.com/fish-n-mate.php#sthash.4FO29YOk.JYneBHs2.dpbs

I would probably give them a call first to confirm they got them in stock before ordering. I have not used these guys so I have no idea if they are dependable or trustworthy. and you gotta get the bumper caddie to carry the cart behind your truck. I googled "anglers fish-n-mate" and got dozens of suppliers including cabela's and bass pro. The bicycle attachment option looks very interesting and I might have to spring for that one.

when I have it attached to the back of my truck, it acts as a bumper carrying cage. I use it to haul gas cans (so I do not get fumes in my explorer), coolers, bicycles (cause I gotta disassemble them to get them in the truck), and deer so they do not get warm inside the truck on the way home from hunting camp.

A couple times after successful salmon runs, I have taken the cart, truck and all, into the quarter car wash and got all the stinky fish stuff off really easy.

Regards,
Cranky
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Back to top Go down

Post by KenO Sat Jun 07 2014, 20:42

I have one of these http://www.tipkemfg.com/foldit/  I use for HP rifle. It handles a lot of gear, weighs almost nothing, folds flat, and rated at over 300 pounds. I got my at Sam's club for $80, an exact knock off, if not the same thing. Its very popular for rifle shooters.

KenO

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Sun Jun 08 2014, 17:20

Here is the manufacturer web site:

http://www.rodrack.com/

I just ordered the bicycle hook up attachement

Highly recommended and cranky approved.

Regards,
Cranky
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorcycle_dan Mon Jun 16 2014, 11:11

The big wheels on this one and load capacity make it ideal for perry or rifle matches.  I've seen carts made from old wheel chairs that worked pretty well. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Utility-Cart-Marine-GardenRolling-Wheels-Aluminum-Storage-Nursery-Wagon-/141320514817?pt=US_Garden_Tools&hash=item20e75bed01
Motorcycle_dan
Motorcycle_dan

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Mon Jun 16 2014, 11:52

Stay away from small wheels!  The wheels should be tall or wide enough to handle rough terrain and 3-5" of mud.  At Perry last year I saw many carts that were being dragged through the mud - they would have been better as sleds.  I have 16" wheels on mine.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces Mon Jun 16 2014, 13:12

Here are the key points for a Camp Perry cart:

Large wheels
Rigid Frame
Light weight
Room for gunbox, brass catcher, ammo bag, folding chair, small cooler and mud boots.
Attach points for bungie coards

This year I plan to add a plywood floor and eye-bolts to my deer cart as it otherwise meets the above criteria.

Oh, I just checked the weather forecast for Port Clinton: Sunny, mid 80's the week before; showers on Monday, July 7th; Sunny, mid 80's remainder of the week.  I still plan to have my mud boots with me.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Mon Jun 16 2014, 13:51

it needs a place to carry 9 targets too.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Jul 05 2014, 13:16

found at Dicks $59.98

james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Mon Jul 07 2014, 11:37

james r chapman wrote:found at Dicks $59.98

which one did you find?
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon Jul 07 2014, 13:24

DavidR wrote:
james r chapman wrote:found at Dicks $59.98

which one did you find?
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Geezer" Cart for Camp Perry Empty Geezer cart

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2021, 12:49

Resurrecting a very old thread. I had not heard the term Geezer cart till I was directed to the NJ Pistol website. The folding big-wheeled cart made by Tilke that has been most heartily recommended does not seem to be in production. There is currently another brand - Dock Mate - but they are quite expensive and more bulky than I would like.

I have been using a cheap folding 4 (smallish) wheeled cart routinely recently - from Walmart - 
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Folding-Camp-Multipurpose-Wagon-Black/670509406?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=2477&adid=22222222420449455996&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=501107745824&wl4=pla-293946777986&wl5=9033035&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=670509406&wl13=2477&veh=sem_LIA&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2NyFBhDoARIsAMtHtZ73zBTAlbLYMSK0glBE0dmQm5H5EPmd9SYAfnH9D_k6Ry-sXQWF5qYaAjKYEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds 

Is something like this just not going to work at Perry? The weather forecast till mid-July looks pretty good this year (OK, I know that things can change quickly). Since I intend to fly then rent/drive I am thinking to just stop at a Walmart and pick up one of these cheap 4 wheel carts from Walmart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vociferous Wed Jun 02 2021, 13:16

Just have to be sure its not too wide, or it won't fit between the benches.
Vociferous
Vociferous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2021, 13:52

I think I have a solution for that problem - haul my stuff out to the 50yd line, unload, collapse the cart and put it under (accessible from the front of) the bench. Instantly expand, load up and haul to the 25yd line. Repeat.

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Wed Jun 02 2021, 14:11

The benches have an X-brace that makes using the space difficult. Also, you'll probably want to put your targets there, so they don't flop around or blow away.

Most shooters just leave their carts about 10 feet behind the line, and set up a chair there too. If you pack light, you may not need the cart when moving forward.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Wed Jun 02 2021, 14:30

I've seen some of those collapsing carts at Camp Perry. They work fine. It/when my dock cart dies that is what I would get, making sure the inside length is at least 24" to targets will fit. My dock cart is about 20" to targets have to be at an angle and can more easily blow out.

And I agree with TT. No need to collapse the cart, just part it behind the line. There is plenty of room.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Jun 02 2021, 15:21

"Geezer" Cart for Camp Perry D30a3410
"Geezer" Cart for Camp Perry 0d572110

The 2nd one has “sand” tires. Better in mud.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Jun 02 2021, 15:23

I think this a vendor opportunity for someone!!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02 2021, 17:23

Jim, thanks - I will look out or the sand tire model. I have one like your green one, works fine on smooth surfaces. Got it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next