Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Medals for Regional Class Winners?

4 posters

Go down

No Medals for Regional Class Winners? Empty No Medals for Regional Class Winners?

Post by dronning Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:44 am

It appears the NRA discontinued the Class Winner medals for regional matches - bummer.  I know they weren't much but I am truly disappointed.  I was hoping to collect a few on my way up the classification ladder.  The certificate for reduced Perry entry fee is great - if you can go.  I'd bet less than 50% of those get used and if you win several regionals they go to waste because they are only good for 2 years and you can't use 2 in one year. 

rant over

Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

No Medals for Regional Class Winners? Empty Re: No Medals for Regional Class Winners?

Post by DeweyHales Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:10 pm

I noticed the same thing this weekend.  We didn't have medals or certificates for reduced fees at our regional.

I hope others will chime in if their regionals were different.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

No Medals for Regional Class Winners? Empty Re: No Medals for Regional Class Winners?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:36 pm

I agree, ribbons, medals could not cost over $3.

I am not good enough to win anything, but can the 50% discount be sold so someone who is going use it?

Exceptionally well run match at Oakdale Gun Club for Regionals....now if they could have stopped the rain :-)

Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by bdutton Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:42 am

I never recieved anything more than the three place medalions and perry certificates for regionals.  all class awarda were given in cash. Perry certificates are suposed to be included.
bdutton
bdutton

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:24 am

No Medals for Regional Class Winners? 10441510
Well they gave them away this past weekend at camp butner  Accuracy X took a gold and silver home.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bdutton Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:45 am

DavidR wrote:No Medals for Regional Class Winners? 10441510
Well they gave them away this past weekend at camp butner  Accuracy X took a gold and silver home.
The one on the right is a CMP medal.  Not an NRA medal.  CMP always sent the winners their medals in the mail.  When I ran CMP matches thats how it worked.  I think its great that they send you the medals in advance.  As it should be imo.
bdutton
bdutton

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:09 pm

just saying these were won this past weekend and one of them was NRA, so looks like they are still being awarded in some places.

Also at the Alabama State match two weeks ago, NRA place medals were also awarded for each class, maybe the problem is on the side of the match directors not asking or ordering these because they are still being given out.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:37 pm

David, I was at Butner. They gave away the top three places. There were no medals or certificates for class winners. If so, I'd have one of both.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 am

DeweyHales wrote:David, I was at Butner. They gave away the top three places. There were no medals or certificates for class winners. If so, I'd have one of both.

I don't know what they gave at Butner other than the pictures I posted of what Accuracy X received, I wasn't there. What I  meant in my post was in addition to the top three overall winners getting Gold, Silver and Bronze. they also awarded class winner medals at the Alabama state match,  as I watched them given to each class winner.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:03 pm

DavidR wrote:
..... they also awarded class winner medals at the Alabama state match,  as I watched them given to each class winner.

Our State match still gives out class awards but they are provided by our State Association not the NRA. 

Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down