Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted to buy: 1 or 2 speed loaders for S&W model 14

2 posters

Go down

Wanted to buy: 1 or 2 speed loaders for S&W model 14 Empty Wanted to buy: 1 or 2 speed loaders for S&W model 14

Post by Rob Kovach 7/5/2014, 10:52 pm

If anybody has a couple extra S&W model 14 speedloaders, I would love to buy them from you at Camp Perry before the DR and Harry Reeves matches.

Let me know!

-Rob
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wanted to buy: 1 or 2 speed loaders for S&W model 14 Empty Re: Wanted to buy: 1 or 2 speed loaders for S&W model 14

Post by rvlvrlvr 7/15/2014, 10:01 pm

I use a technique without a speedloader in which I load more than one round at once when the command to "Load!" is given (I use speedloaders for action sports where I need to reload quickly and don't have a bench/table):

With practice, you'd be loaded and closed up well before most other people -- way faster than those who load one round at a time, and nearly as fast as (and sometimes faster than) guys with speedloaders and even semi-auto shooters with magazines.

Though I think I saw on the Facebook group that you did find some speedloaders.
rvlvrlvr
rvlvrlvr

Back to top Go down

Wanted to buy: 1 or 2 speed loaders for S&W model 14 Empty Re: Wanted to buy: 1 or 2 speed loaders for S&W model 14

Post by Rob Kovach 7/15/2014, 10:36 pm

That is a great technique!!  I did find some speedloaders, but didn't get an opportunity to use them yet.  I will still try your technique though!!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rvlvrlvr 7/16/2014, 12:20 am

You're welcome!

I should mention that a downside to the technique in the video is that I take my firing hand off the grip to perform it - which means I must build up my firing grip again when I close the cylinder. I'd probably have to do that anyways with a twist-knob-type speedloader; a push-type speedloader (Safariland Comp II/III, SL Variant, Dade Screw Machine Co., etc.) would allow me to keep my firing grip, as would the "Speed Strip"-type loaders (Bianchi or Tuff-Strip, in which you load up to two rounds at a time from a rubber thing that retains the rounds by the rims).

In practice, however, un-gripping the gun and re-gripping it again hasn't been much of a problem for me - I shot revolvers a lot in Bullseye several years ago, and consistently re-gripping the gun was a matter of simply building up the muscle memory, to the point where a wrong grip (rotated left or right, too high or too low) feels funny.
rvlvrlvr
rvlvrlvr

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 7/16/2014, 10:25 am

I'm good at rebuilding grip.  My gun only groups the long line well out of cyl 6 and I am not coordinated enough to reload that 1 cyl without taking my hand of the stock, so I'm building grip for every slow fire shot.  I think that technique is brilliant.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down