Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is .22 LR Shortage Over?

+7
DavidR
TexasShooter
lcambre
Jwhelan939
AllAces
bmac
jerry lehrer
11 posters

Go down

Is .22 LR Shortage Over? Empty Is .22 LR Shortage Over?

Post by jerry lehrer Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Shooters.

Went to the local range (police) for some practice last week.  Set  up and found that someone before me had dropped a box (loose) of some
ELEY ammo in the dirt just in front of my shooting position.  I thought of picking them up, but remembered that the last time someone picked up
a few .45 loaded rounds in the dirt, he was reminded that "if isn't your brass, it belongs to the range".

I did not touch.

Jerry

jerry lehrer

Back to top Go down

Is .22 LR Shortage Over? Empty Re: Is .22 LR Shortage Over?

Post by bmac Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:48 pm

It appears to be easing a bit. Midway had Wolf Match Target this AM.

bmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:53 pm

Certainly seems to be better.  Could find Eley Target and Club, Wolf Match and Remington ThunderDuds over the last month.  I heard CCI is also showing up.

Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:59 pm

Lot's of eley at Perry this year.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry lehrer Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:48 pm

Allaces,

Which Eley and at what prices at Perry?

I find none available in my town.

Jerry

jerry lehrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:04 pm

Still have to stand in lines before the store opens to get any by me. Midway had cci standard a few weeks ago, but the 18$ shipping and 1 brick limit makes it as expensive to shoot the 22 as my 45. I really hope things stabilize.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Is .22 LR Shortage Over? Empty .22 Ammo

Post by jerry lehrer Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Local stores tell me that I would have to line up before they get shipment from distributors.  2 boxes per person. Wife would be allowed the 2 boxes.

No idea of what ammo would be available.  Sellout within the hour. 

I have managed to trade some of my factory hardball and factory SWC .45 ammo for .22 LR Match quality ammo.  I even have some factory .38 Spl
HBWC available, as I no longer shoot any .38 spl.

Any offers to swap from out there?

Jerry

jerry lehrer

Back to top Go down

Post by lcambre Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:53 am

I've seen 22LR come and go all through this.  By buying when it is available I have been able to keep going.  Unfortunately I still am only seeing ammo available for short periods of time.  I am also running low on the CCI SV I bought last year and have not seen a good source for it in a long time.  So far I have not seen that much improvement for .22LR and powder for pistols.

lcambre

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasShooter Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:27 am

Palmetto State Armory has CCI SV in stock, $4.99 a box...

TexasShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:34 am

midway has CCI sv for 39.95 a brick, limit one
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrumpyOldMan Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:13 pm

75 bricks combined of CCI Blazer and Federal whatever redbox cheapie came into the local Sportsman's this week. Looks like everyone in line got one.

Limit one per person, $28 or so for either one (exact same price). Think it took 40 minutes to sell them all.

The previous week they got equivalent of 8 bricks of something in 100-round packs. Word is it sold out in 20 minutes, limit that time was 3 boxes (300 rounds) apiece.

So it appears the shortage is easing but is still pretty bad AFAIC. Not sure what Wal-Mart and Prick's Sporting Goods are getting, but the other LGSs are definitely NOT getting anything even once a month. Not sure they are even trying that hard any more.

Yeah, I ordered some on line and coughed up the shipping. ONLY because I had little confidence that anything would show up in less than three months from then. It did, 4-1/2 months later.

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Goose Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:28 am

I was at Camp Perry on Sunday and Champions Choice must have had well over half a million rounds of CCI SV, plus SK and Eley.  Went back Monday and all the CCI was gone!  Didn't see any other vendors on commercial row with that kind of ammo supply, but, there is powder and primers everywhere.

Goose

Back to top Go down

Post by Goose Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:06 pm

By the way, Champions Choice was getting $360.00 for the CCI SV.

Goose

Back to top Go down

Post by LongSlide Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:17 pm

What was the price for the CCI SV from Champions Choice?  The best pricing I've seen in the last month is Midway @ $40/500.

Never mind, just saw your post.

LongSlide

Back to top Go down

Post by Goose Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:43 pm

LongSlide wrote:What was the price for the CCI SV from Champions Choice?  The best pricing I've seen in the last month is Midway @ $40/500.

Never mind, just saw your post.

LOL, nooooo problem Very Happy

Goose

Back to top Go down

Post by GrumpyOldMan Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:39 am

.22 RF shortage surely is easing but I think we may never get back the days of that ammo on the shelf any day of the week at the LGS.

So many of us have been stung and had to wait ridiculous time periods to find anything at any price, I believe that stockup will remain the new normal for rimfire. It will probably ease to selling out in 1-4 days rather than 1-4 hours in the future.

Then in about 20 years the best place to get a brick or more at a time is going to be at estate sales.

Primers have been no problem here for probably three months straight, and now with 2 or 3 different brands all in stock at the same time.

Powder is often still sold out, but it can be found almost every week now--and not just the super-Magnum stuff like Retumbo.

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by s1120 Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:56 am

Still pretty bad in NY. I have not seen any CCi SV in over a year. I have a small stash, but I was hoping to shoot my first BE match this year. I had a lot of old [early 70's era...] SV ammo of different brands that I shot up in practicing, but now Im down to my small stash of new CCI, so ive stopped shooting my High Standards till I know what match Im going to, and train, and shoot for that, what will empty me out. HV stuff is hard to find also, but if you realy work at it, and do the leg work, you can get a box here or there.. I have enough that I just check once in a wile when I think of it. Im having the same issue with 30-30 for some reason. You wouldn't think it would be tough to find, but it is. Sad part is living in NY, we now cant mail order ammo any more.

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down