Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with first reloads.

2 posters

Go down

Need help with first reloads. Empty Need help with first reloads.

Post by beeser 8/10/2014, 8:53 pm

I'm almost complete setting up my new Dillon XL650 but have a few questions.  I'll be loading .45 acp.  First, the Dillon manual states that there are different seating stems used inside the seating die depending on the bullet type; round nose, semi-wadcutter, etc.  I didn't notice any markings on the stem after disassembling the die.  How can you tell the difference?  Secondly, I purchased a small amount of the 200 gr. round nose and 185 gr. semi-wadcutter bullets to get started.  Both are copper plated.  I would like to use Unique powder at first because it apparently is a little safer to use.  However, I can't find any load info. for this combination.  I have a Lyman Reloading Handbook but it doesn't seem to be specific about what I'm trying to do.  Any suggestions?

beeser

Back to top Go down

Need help with first reloads. Empty Re: Need help with first reloads.

Post by Rob Kovach 8/10/2014, 9:22 pm

Beeser,

It might be easier if you call me.  608-445-6816  I have answers for those questions.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beeser 8/10/2014, 9:46 pm

Rob,
Enjoyed the conversation and appreciate the help.  I'll let everyone know how the first reloads work out.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down