Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye powder did the trick

3 posters

Go down

Bullseye powder did the trick Empty Bullseye powder did the trick

Post by Dockokol 8/20/2014, 2:03 pm

The context of this post is that I am a true novice at reloading. What I know I gleaned from this and other sites online.

Like everyone else, I looked some Bullseye powder to load for a Clark custom wad gun. I couldn’t find any (other than items on auction sites that were so overpriced it was ridiculous); but I could find titegroup. I ended up using 4.3 titegroup and nosler 185 jhp's. Groups off sandbags were good, but not great.

While at Perry I was purchased some Bullseye and ran another sand bag test using 3.8, 4.0 4.2 and 4.4. I really didn’t think I would find much difference between titegroup and bullseye but I was wrong. The 4.4 at 50 yards were almost all touching. I’ll be happy to share a pic of the target if anyone wants to see it.

This is likely not news to the old timers of reloading, but if you are new at this, take my advice and try different powders... it does make a difference.

Thanks to all who held my hand as I started the reloading adventure some months ago Your advice and counsel is appreciated.

Best

Doc

Dockokol

Back to top Go down

Bullseye powder did the trick Empty Re: Bullseye powder did the trick

Post by Rob Kovach 8/20/2014, 2:54 pm

Heck yeah you gotta post the picture!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 8/20/2014, 2:58 pm

Id say your tightgroup load was a little light to get the best accuracy with a fmj at 50 yds, 4.5 might have produced better groups , bullseye is good too, and it seems to be a little more forgiving as to giving good accuracy. I personally don't like the feel from tightgroup and had rather shoot bullseye powder.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down