Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which do you visualize? Sights or target?

+2
Rob Kovach
Jack H
6 posters

Go down

Which do you visualize? Sights or target? Empty Which do you visualize? Sights or target?

Post by Jack H 8/20/2014, 3:29 pm

Which do you visualize? 

The ideal sight picture?
  Which do you visualize? Sights or target? Idealsightpicture_zps71b8362a

or the ideal target?
  Which do you visualize? Sights or target? Ideal50ydtgt10x_zps6d219fea

Why?
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Which do you visualize? Sights or target? Empty Re: Which do you visualize? Sights or target?

Post by Rob Kovach 8/20/2014, 3:53 pm

I used to shoot a red dot...so I used to see the holes...and I would visualize the hole and the red dot over it.

After shooting only irons this year, I'm starting to visualize the top picture--and a good shot looks like the picture, and I can see the front sight all through recoil and it all falls right back to the beginning. That's my visualization.

Why?  Because it gives me a chubby whenever I see that in real life.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Which do you visualize? Sights or target? Empty Re: Which do you visualize? Sights or target?

Post by SteveT 8/20/2014, 6:49 pm

Visualize what you (want to) see when shooting. 

For open sights I visualize the sights. I shoot deep sub-6 so what I see is the sights against a white background.

For dots I visualize the bull and the dot arrives and settles, the same as I do when shooting.

When visualizing a match, I visualize going down to the targets and feel satisfaction seeing a 100-10x target, change the target and go back and do it again.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 8/21/2014, 1:57 am

The sights, because process leads to results.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 8/21/2014, 8:27 am

john bickar wrote:The sights, because process leads to results.
This, right here.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Jkvandal 8/21/2014, 9:03 am

Full disclosure: I'm not yet at the level of many who have already commented above, from looking at many of your classifications.  Now that you know that, I'll describe my process.

For slow fire, before each shot I will first take a deep breath and ensure I am focused on the shot in the chamber.  I will visualize a hole through the middle of the X and tell myself it is within my ability to make that hole when I follow my process, then I will visualize the perfect sight alignment (just the irons without the target), then I open my eyes and raise the pistol and complete the rest of my shot process.

I am definitely more focused on the sight alignment in each shot but visualizing the ideal target is a confidence builder at the beginning of my shot process that allows me to re-focus on what I can do with the next round, regardless of the result of my previous shot.

Jkvandal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down