Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirty bullets - Would you use these

+4
james r chapman
DavidR
Rob Kovach
farmboy
8 posters

Go down

Dirty bullets - Would you use these Empty Dirty bullets - Would you use these

Post by farmboy Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:12 pm

1st - In the past have never, eve had any problem with Zero bullets purchased through Roze Distribution.  Love their product.

Yesterday I received an order.  The outer box was basically dry and was a box that was very non standard for Zero but did come from Zero.

The actual original Zero box that holds 4 smaller boxes of 500 each was wet but covered in packing tape and help together.
 The 4 smaller boxes were mush and bullets were loose all over the place - dirty and deteriorated/dissolved card board stuck to them and the lube.
looks different.

I have no experience with this kind of thing - would you guys with years more experience than me still use these?
Will this affect accuracy? will it mess up my barrel?

Hopefully I am doing it right and a picture is attached
Attachments
Dirty bullets - Would you use these Attachment
Zero.jpg this is what 2,000 185grn .45 LSWC looked like upon arrivalYou don't have permission to download attachments.(59 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Dirty bullets - Would you use these Empty Re: Dirty bullets - Would you use these

Post by Rob Kovach Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:20 pm

I would shoot them.  There are no ill effects to shooting a bullet that has that patina.

I would email Roze and let them know--maybe they will send you another pack or offer you a discount off of your next order.  It's definitely not bad enough to warrant the return shipping.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dirty bullets - Would you use these Empty Re: Dirty bullets - Would you use these

Post by DavidR Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Send them back, I wouldn't shoot them, those are the swaged bullet and it has a thin lube, you might find they lead like crazy since the lube has been contaminated or rubbed/washed away.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Contact them first with pics. Get a return authorization.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:03 pm

DavidR wrote:Send them back, I wouldn't shoot them, those are the swaged bullet and it has a thin lube, you might find they lead like crazy since the lube has been contaminated or rubbed/washed away.
David -That was my concern - leading of the barrel as well as some of the grit that is now embedded in the lube damaging the barrel.  

James - I did just that and I just heard back from them - very apolgetic and just received a shipping conformation on the replacements that are already on their way to me.  That was the fastest customer service /response I have ever experienced from an on line store Very Happy
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Good to hear!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otiso Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:54 pm

I ordered 1000 200 grn swc's and they came loosely packed. There is now way they shipped 1000 bullets. I shot maybe 200+/_20 bullets
This is how they were shipped and this is what is left.

https://s302.photobucket.com/user/1911govt/media/zero001_zps38c8e625.jpg.html
Otiso
Otiso

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:17 am

Otiso,
Roze dist. has a great reputation.  Besides the OP's report of water damage and your case it's very strange to hear of problems with their service.  It looks like there is about 100 more bullets in your picture.  Did you call Roze to discuss the discrepancy?
There is a big difference in shipping weight between 300 bullets and 1000 bullets.  Does the shipping label show the weight of the package?
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:13 am

Otiso wrote:...
I ordered 1000 200 swc bullets from them over a month ago. I got a package from roze with a bunch of bullets in a box. They weren't quarantined in 500 ct boxes....they were just in a big ass box. I didn't count them. I did think it should be heavier than that.
After loading 250 of them and seeing that that's about what I had left, I knew something was amiss. I'm new at this.

You ask me why I didn't contact roze...well it's been a month and I decided to eat it just like I told you in the message you deleted. 
I will tell you this.. I was going to count every single bullet next time.
When the OP posted his experience, I thought it prudent to post mine.
I really don't know what else to say. 
I don't want money and I don't want free bullets, but this IS what happened to me.
The shipper probably lost all the bullets, not Roze.  Roze needs to know that.  I, too, had shipping damage on an order of 2000, but much less was missing than yours.  I was only missing ~135 bullets.  Roze shipped me the replacement bullets right away, cheerfully.  If you don't let them know of these problems, they will think all is fine.  If their shipper is losing product, they need to know.  Replacement bullets do come out of someone's pocket, but Roze probably has insurance with their shipper, if they choose to pursue claims.  The only way they can hold the shipper accountable is if they know there is a problem.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:15 am

Otiso mentions posts that I deleted.

I'm not going to allow members of this forum to unfairly criticize a company that goes out of its way to provide exceptional products that is only used for bullseye shooting.  Zero bullets and Roze distributing have done SO much in support of this sport and are really good people who I believe would never knowingly treat their customer in an unfair manner.

I tried to address the matter of content of the posts in offline private messages, but after it was thrown back here, I wanted to address it publicly.

If you have a problem with a vendor--call the vendor.  IF they don't do right by you after you give them the chance, then you can smear their reputation.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Zero isn't the only company having problems with shipping bullets. I ordered a batch of 500 Hornady hardball from Midway. There were a bunch of reviews complaining about the packaging but no problems with the bullets. When the order arrived the bullets came shipped with the other items I ordered and it was a disaster. The flimsy box inside holding the bullets had broke open releasing everything. With that much loose kinetic energy they punched a hole through the outer box and were escaping. I posted a picture a couple of months ago of my recoil spring weigher that had a bowl of bullets in the background. That is all I got of the shipment. It happens.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:45 pm

Over the years, I have received an unimaginable quantity of bullets all from the different transporters.. UPS, Frieght, Fed Ex, USPS..
Universally, the drivers complained about handling the weight..All of my bullet deliveries are now shipped USPS if it fits, it ships.. I have had good luck, but I also realized that my local post office is managed by women.. They have my phone number and e-mail posted over their desk.. They call me and I pick up. Saves wear and tear on both the packages and the ladies..
Jerry
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Most companies try and ship bullets via flat rate usps these days to bring costs down, 4 boxes of 200 gr weigh around 60 pounds, just the handling of this weight in the card board boxes by so many people takes its toll. Its just the way it is. Most every company when contacted about damage is glad to take care of the customer, zero is a stand up company and if you as the customer did not contact them well that is on you and you should not complain about it here. If you do have a bad experience with a product and the company offers no help, by all means post them up and I guarantee your post will not be deleted.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:27 pm

My experience with Midway is have the bullets shipped by themselves.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down