Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultradot 6 question

5 posters

Go down

Ultradot 6 question Empty Ultradot 6 question

Post by LenV Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:00 pm

I have been looking at upgrading to a ultradot6 or a matchdot II on one of my pistols and was wondering if anyone has tried the UD6? They are supposed to let in more light but looking at it I wonder how that works. The front lens is bigger but it just goes down to the same size 30mm tube as the MDII. Maybe if there was some amplification that would work but I don't see how this would. If anyone has tried it please let me know.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Ultradot 6 question Empty Ultra dot 6

Post by 45 MIKE Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:28 pm

I got a Ultra Dot 6 at Perry last year so I have year on it
I don't notice that it lets in any more light but it has a nice
crisp dot. I like the larger target turret for elevation adjustment
45 MIKE
45 MIKE

Back to top Go down

Ultradot 6 question Empty Re: Ultradot 6 question

Post by farmboy Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:12 pm

i like mine for outdoors but not indoors.  Indoors I get reflections of light sources behind me off the inside of the tube.   It is especially bad if the light source is a light in the ceiling a 3-4 feet or so behind me. The dot is a little to bright for me indoors, even on the lowest power setting. Ultra Dot says nothing is wrong with it and suggested I put the  filter on the rear to alleviate the indoor problem. it makes the dot dimmer but it didn't help the reflections.  

I really like being able to make elevation adjustments with the knob and the easy to read points of reference. I wish they would put that feature on their 1" ultra dots
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by bobthenailer Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:10 am

I have the Ultra Dot 1" and 30mm red dot sights there field of view is noticeable smaller than my Aimpoints and older Redfield ESD red dot sights that have a 30mm main tube with a larger 36mm front glass so the 6 may have a larger field of view than the 30mm Ultra Dot ? If the front lense is larger than the main body then it probley would let more light in .
 Check the spec sheet to see FOV for each sight!

bobthenailer

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:19 am

I bought 30mm microscope eye cups on eBay. They fit on the front of my Ultradot Matchdot pretty well and were very cheap. Helped with the reflection issue. (look for 25mm for the 1" dot). Try searching for microscope eyecup or microscope eye guards.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down