Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Fire Methodology

+7
Jack H
Motorcycle_dan
Ed Hall
mspingeld
davekp
Rob Kovach
JayhawkNavy02
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dry Fire Methodology - Page 2 Empty Dry Fire Methodology

Post by JayhawkNavy02 9/23/2014, 6:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

My scores have been going up each week and I know the trend will end, but i attribute that to spending the majority of my time in the "Fundamentals" section of the forum vice "Equipment".  

I've created a dry fire range in my home and I typically spend around 30-45 minutes of dry fire.  I've been trying to create a routine, but I don't know if 1 it's too much or 2, I'm not replicating my match adequately and therefore not exercising my shot plan to ingrain the habits.

1) Holding Drills: Hold with follow-through for 60 seconds, rest for 120 seconds and repeat with 6 repetitions
2) Blank Target: Dry firing on a blank target to focus on your sights for 30 seconds, with 60 second rest, 6 repetitions
3) Reduced Target: Dry fire on reduced slow fire target with focus on shot process, 10 shots in 10 minutes, goal is 5 perfect shots in a row.

Appreciate any help in developing a good routine!
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Dry Fire Methodology - Page 2 Empty Re: Dry Fire Methodology

Post by JayhawkNavy02 1/3/2015, 5:30 pm

It sounds like Julia is like the HM on the forum, 1/2 marksman, 1/2 zen master, look forward to seeing if you can save the email and post!
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2