Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Sell Atlanta Arms Ammo Mail-Order?

+3
DeweyHales
DavidR
GrumpyOldMan
7 posters

Go down

Does Anyone Sell Atlanta Arms Ammo Mail-Order? Empty Does Anyone Sell Atlanta Arms Ammo Mail-Order?

Post by GrumpyOldMan Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Go to the Atlanta Arms website and what looks like where to place an order is a zip-code based search function for the nearest retailer.

More than 900 miles away, thank you! I'm not driving that far, no way, and no plans in the foreseeable future.

Time zone differences keep me from calling AA & asking direct.

So, does anyone know if there is a way for someone "in the middle of nowhere" to get a nice little ORM-D package delivered to their door?

I don't even know how much their stuff costs. Need 50 rounds min, want 100, to verify results of some accurizing attempts on a 9mm.

Thanks!

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Sell Atlanta Arms Ammo Mail-Order? Empty Re: Does Anyone Sell Atlanta Arms Ammo Mail-Order?

Post by DavidR Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:12 am

Did you try to buy direct, I have before several years ago, if not simply go to your nearest gun store and ask them to order it for you, I know they will ship to any dealer.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Sell Atlanta Arms Ammo Mail-Order? Empty Re: Does Anyone Sell Atlanta Arms Ammo Mail-Order?

Post by DeweyHales Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:09 am

Is the question here about less than full case quantities?
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:50 am

oh that could be it, I ordered cases both times.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrumpyOldMan Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Yup, Dewey & David, I want only a box or two right now.

If I can't get the gun up to BE accuracy levels, there's no point in paying the premium for a whole case of that stuff. My .45 and .38 reloads are just fine, 10-ring easy at 50 yards but still not quite as tight as the .22 RF.  And the CF stuff is shooting that well in two different 1911s and two different S&Ws.  9mm on the other hand...bleh.

Want to check the pistol by using a small quantity of proven ammo. Then I know whether the problem is the gun or MY reloads. Using quality Hornady, Sierra & Nosler jacketed bullets and they all shoot the same so far.

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:11 pm

All my Border Patrol PPC competition  swear by the stuff. National caliber shooters. Maybe we can find a way to split a case full... or, someone send him some!!!!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Atlanta Arms uses Zero bullet heads!
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:10 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:Atlanta Arms uses Zero bullet heads!
Jon

Depends on the caliber and load, they use Hornady, Sierra, Nosler, Remington and Zero.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:19 pm

according to their site, .38 spl uses Remington HBWC's...9mm uses Hornady XTP's, and Sierra.

Interesting that their ad pic shows a plated hbwc in a PMC case yet they say Remington HBWC in Starline brass...

james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorcycle_dan Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Where are you located?  I just ordered a case of the AMU load 9mm ammo.  I'm in central Ohio.  I've found that "Lawman" brand ammo was pretty close to as good as it gets from out of the box stuff.
Motorcycle_dan
Motorcycle_dan

Back to top Go down

Post by GrumpyOldMan Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Thanks, will look at the CCI/Speer whatever "Lawman" line. Pretty sure I can get 100 rounds of that from one of the online retailers without choking too much on the price.

FYI, I'm in southern Utah, within day trip distance of LV NV.

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down