Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunsmith question regarding sight rib screw hole patterns

2 posters

Go down

Gunsmith question regarding sight rib screw hole patterns Empty Gunsmith question regarding sight rib screw hole patterns

Post by scrum derringer Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:29 am

I am toying with an idea of doing a large PPC event next summer, and with that brings great hair brained ideas for new firearms. I currently have a PPC revolver with a Aristocrat rib, and have found that to be quite useful for that type of shooting.  I would like to have one on a 1911 as well, however, seeing as that I will only shoot this one event, of which there is Open Semi and revolver, and Duty Semi and Revolver (there are none around here) I don't want to purchase a dedicated PPC  1911, like the sti target master or les baer PPC, with a 2 piece aristocrat sight (Front sight and separate rear sight.) What I cannot find out is if the Aristocrat sight RIB will fit the same hole pattern as the Bomar/Clark/RRA hole pattern. My thought is that I jazz up a new 1911 with an Aristocrat rib for this match, and then re-purpose the gun back to Bullseye with a scope mount.  I am thinking this would be a good excuse for a 9mm RO?!?...however, I have a .45 RO that is already drilled for the Bo-mar pattern.

Summarized question: Will the Aristocrat sight rib for auto loaders fit the BO-Mar/Clark scope mount/rib hole pattern? Thanks
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Gunsmith question regarding sight rib screw hole patterns Empty Re: Gunsmith question regarding sight rib screw hole patterns

Post by Jon Eulette Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:39 pm

I'll look when i get home and get back to you. I have both for comparison.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Gunsmith question regarding sight rib screw hole patterns Empty Re: Gunsmith question regarding sight rib screw hole patterns

Post by scrum derringer Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:I'll look when i get home and get back to you. I have both for comparison.
Jon
Thanks, I would appreciate it!
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:34 am

Disregard, Clark Custom confirmed that Aristocrat is a different pattern.
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:17 pm

I looked at the old Bomar 6" rib I have and the Aristocrat ppc rib. My Bomar has the tuner cut out. The front 2 holes are the same, and 3rd Aristocrat hole is where the tuner goes.
If you're only shooting 1 match I would just use a screw driver for the sight changes.
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down