Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importation of Firearms

3 posters

Go down

Importation of Firearms Empty Importation of Firearms

Post by beeser Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:18 pm

Anyone have any experience importing firearms from Europe?

beeser

Back to top Go down

Importation of Firearms Empty Occasional Importation by a non-licensee

Post by Richard Ashmore Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:02 pm

beeser wrote:Anyone have any experience importing firearms from Europe?

Not from Europe, but from Australia, which should not matter.

The ATF Form 6 allows the specific firearm into the country for your FFL to receive.  Your FFL transfers it to you.    As long as it is for your personal use and not for resale, not a big deal.

From the ATF website-

Q: May a licensed dealer who does not have an importer’s license make an occasional importation?

Yes. A licensed dealer may make an occasional importation of a firearm for a non-licensee or for the licensee’s personal use (not for resale). The licensee must first submit an ATF Form 6, Part I to ATF for approval. The licensee may then present the approved Form 6 and completed ATF Form 6A to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Contact the Bureau of ATF, Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch for forms at (304) 616-4550, or download them from the ATF Web page athttp://www.atf.gov/content/library/firearms-forms.
Richard Ashmore
Richard Ashmore

Back to top Go down

Importation of Firearms Empty Re: Importation of Firearms

Post by DavidR Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:07 pm

I have heard it takes a very long time to go through the process.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beeser Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Richard Ashmore wrote:
beeser wrote:Anyone have any experience importing firearms from Europe?

Not from Europe, but from Australia, which should not matter.

The ATF Form 6 allows the specific firearm into the country for your FFL to receive.  Your FFL transfers it to you.    As long as it is for your personal use and not for resale, not a big deal.

From the ATF website-

Q: May a licensed dealer who does not have an importer’s license make an occasional importation?

Yes. A licensed dealer may make an occasional importation of a firearm for a non-licensee or for the licensee’s personal use (not for resale). The licensee must first submit an ATF Form 6, Part I to ATF for approval. The licensee may then present the approved Form 6 and completed ATF Form 6A to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Contact the Bureau of ATF, Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch for forms at (304) 616-4550, or download them from the ATF Web page athttp://www.atf.gov/content/library/firearms-forms.
Did you have a broker take care of the importation for you or did you shuffle papers yourself?  And yes, I'm aware of the time it takes.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Ashmore Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:12 pm

Last time I did it I shuffled the papers.  Took about two months.
Richard Ashmore
Richard Ashmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Richard Ashmore wrote:Last time I did it I shuffled the papers.  Took about two months.
Last time I got a permit to purchase a handgun in NJ it took 100 days and I already had a NJ firearms ID card.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down