Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting better...

2 posters

Go down

getting better... Empty getting better...

Post by s1120 Mon Mar 09 2015, 11:18

OK, so Im still WAY off the mark from the rest of you, but set out to do some one shot drills. Its been a wile since I shot with this crazy winter, so I started trying to keep it in the 5 ring to start...  First few got close to out... but as I shot more the groups got tighter and tighter. Next time out Im going in a ring or two. Agean...  not a winner for sure..  but Im really happy. I have normally had a few flyers.
Attachments
getting better... Attachment
target.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(192 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

s1120

Back to top Go down

getting better... Empty Re: getting better...

Post by BE Mike Tue Mar 10 2015, 10:05

More in the black than in the white is always a good thing! Try to analyze those shots in the black, and even more closely, those in the ten ring. This game is about consistency and repeatability of good results. Since your last shots were better than your first, you might want to try shooting one shot on a clean target, recording it in your shooting diary, pasting it and then shooting another shot, and repeat. That way you can start a match with a good shot and build from there.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by s1120 Tue Mar 10 2015, 10:38

BE Mike wrote:More in the black than in the white is always a good thing! Try to analyze those shots in the black, and even more closely, those in the ten ring. This game is about consistency and repeatability of good results. Since your last shots were better than your first, you might want to try shooting one shot on a clean target, recording it in your shooting diary, pasting it and then shooting another shot, and repeat. That way you can start a match with a good shot and build from there.

That's a good idea. I haven't thought of a shooting diary, and I really should. I have not gotten to shoot for over a month, and I was just trying to get a baseline, and getting used to the scope I have. I am planning on working on my improvements next time out. As of now im really pretty unorganized, and really need to start keeping better track of what Im doing, and what is showing improvements. I need to research farther on record keeping, and processes!!!

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum