Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome New Members

+181
kellyjeannepyne
bruce em
T4kxo
aritomo
dronning
Regular_Guy
StevenB
Skid
Patrick C
Wobbley
rreid
dannyboy
cwo4uscgret
jeroenw114
Hunter01
Rich/WIS
mliao2
EriK L
Profe5s0r
45ACP223
Jkvandal
3 gun Gus
RAFA1911
guncheese
LenV
asm54
Chris.P.Chicken
MrBorland
KYShooter
skillagalee
jerry lehrer
Brettitt41
polymerpride
Rodger Barthlow
Hornet1
Rob Kovach
Sa-tevp
Fire Escape
markj
Mike Tyler
Yiogo
Wingshot
BullseyeDad
Shepherd Jim
fredw4
TAJ45
Bruce M
paperseeker
rfmiller
shooter82
s1120
bdutton
shoot308
Dave C.
Rich Reedinger
nycstripes
bruce drake
LeadSlinger
Motorcycle_dan
lakesidemn
sixftunda
ddivins
Snobal
Jack H
Pistolera
SSgtG
Jim Mc
TomT
David B
Socki
AndyL51
Bob Fleming
lonegunman
d3f3nd3r
gusso
Glenn Barber
Brassburnz
durabledan
wizzer
Bigbones
BryanGA
theycallmejam
JohnV
DHENRY
Tzed250
huntingnt
pdm25150
sakurama
SMBeyer
br549
Mike45
plankie
Ira Latimer
armouredbear
Frank Hull
Spank the Monkey
gulliver62
larrupin
Tristar
Grunt
Bill Freyfogle
Bruce in ND
Henry Sapoznik
deepten
NYKenn
David Donley
Bullseye2700
dnaughtin
Stevehdz
empee
DaveMem
Joe C
Scott4547
Ron
diopter
Jon Lindemann
Bruce Neddo
1961MJS
Magnusbullets
Alan Barcon
gscammah51
SR25MK4
octgoose
rlabbe
hwevers
Fred T
Troy Wheeler
williamt2
stevenorlando
Kermit Workman
Gene Hedberg
billhallman
Kevin
chris s
2ballcane
Lee Donlon
Doug Hall
Lady Bullseye
Orion
psimica
Jim Walters
RicC.
Michael Morgan
tleddy
Richard Cox
Founder
mike.ginesi
Jerry Goldfarb
n9911c
dthughes
Marylou Garcia
Garey
Stephen518
JLK
sklarcpa
Slo cat
tk378
nglitz
Cherokee
jmatyas
GuardianAgent
KC's Kustom
Mark Patterson
SteveT
Jeff Jordan
DeweyHales
Sgt_Gold
Jdrickards
Topgun
DavidRamey
vernic82
WEB45
DavidR
penman53
Black_Talon
Al
Stu
Larry Lang
Powderman
FaisalYamin
185 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Welcome New Members  - Page 8 Empty Welcome New Members

Post by FaisalYamin Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Almost 1000 members!

Please sign your posts with real names and lets continue the Bullseye-L tradition on this forum

Last edited by FaisalYamin on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
FaisalYamin
FaisalYamin

Back to top Go down

Welcome New Members  - Page 8 Empty Re: Welcome New Members

Post by rfmiller Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:41 pm

I've been away from shooting for several years after leaving police work (was a firearms instructor for my PD). Too much traveling after that. Then started my own business. A couple years ago I started shooting again and joined a club and began practical shooting in USPSA. Last year I noticed a neighboring club had a weekly bullseye shoot through the winter so I joined in to keep up the trigger time in the cold weather. Love it so am doing the outdoor thing also. Quite interesting shooting in two disciplines at the same time. If my eyesight and reflexes were just what they were at 25. . . Oh well.

rfmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:26 am

Welcome back to Bullseye! And thank you for finding our forum.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by paperseeker Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:04 am

Hi, My name is Tom and I'm an ammoholic.
I've been shooting bullseye for almost 2 years after being away from shooting for a while. In the past I shot some IDPA and other local events. I thought I was a pretty good shot. My first night at the club I now belong to was funny. It just said Monday night pistol. When I got there I think I said "50 yards! Are you crazy" I had been brainwashed into believing that a pistol was only good for close range. I now know this is a myth created by people who can't shoot. (I'm joking a bit)

Our budget is tight after building buying some land and building our dream house so, I started out with a Ruger 22/45, threw in a Volquartsen trigger in after a while. Shot that for about a year to try to figure out what the heck I was doing. I have a 1911 and didn't want to alter it so I opted for a revolver which I figured I could also hunt with. I picked up a Ruger GP100 6 inch barrel. Yes it's heavy and quite the odd ball but, I've learned a lot from it. I usually shoot irons in the summer when we are outdoors and go back to red dots indoors. My club has some amazing shooters and I've learned a lot. We have a lot of fun.

I went from this about the same time last year
Welcome New Members  - Page 8 8115807008_c8b0622d5a_n

To this very recent target.
Welcome New Members  - Page 8 8115627929_9d33440447_n
I'm still learning. The heavy double action trigger on the GP100 is tough but, the struggle has made me a much better shot. I usually shoot in the 250 range center fire.
paperseeker
paperseeker

Back to top Go down

Welcome New Members  - Page 8 Empty I'm new

Post by Bruce M Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:27 pm

My name is Bruce and I try to shoot bullseye. I really enjoy the challenge but I have a wobble the size of Texas. I have been reading around the site for a couple months and tonight I figured I might as well get registered.

I have a Ruger 22/45 and a MarkIII Hunter. Both have had the volquartzen trigger kit and I use red dot sights on them. My other gun is a R.O. with a frame mounted red dot.

I have shot in 3 matches and have in the last couple of months decided to really try to improve.

Thanks to all for the help you have already given. Bruce Merryman, Indiana

Bruce M

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Welcome to the forum Bruce! Lots of good info from this group.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome New Members  - Page 8 Empty Tom Nikitas/TAJ45 here

Post by TAJ45 Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:45 am

Just started back into BE again a few years ago and lurked mostly on the old BE-L- forum. I guess it is gone now? I learned so much by reading/sitting at the feet of many there. Glad to see the same familiar names here. I'm in the same neck of the woods as Dave Salyer and KC and competed with Dave one summer in Columbia, SC. Great guy.

Just an OBTW, how are Ed Masaki and his Dragon Gun coming as far as production?

TAJ45

Back to top Go down

Post by fredw4 Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:46 pm

I hadn't shot a pistol since 1969 in Vietnam. A new range opened in town last fall, so Mary and I joined and started shooting again. I went through the NRA marksmanship qualification program and made Distinguished Expert this June. I started out with a Ruger Mark II Comp and then picked up a S&W model 41 which I love. So now I'm looking around for the next challenge and it seems like BE is the direction I'm interested in now. It does not appear that BE is as easy as the other NRA program. Although I am enjoying it immensly, I am off to a very slow start and am shooting quite poorly at it so far. Perhaps this winter, with the help of Gil Hebards' book, and perhaps I can find a good coach, and maybe make some progress toward Pro-Marksman. Love the forum.

Fred

fredw4

Back to top Go down

Welcome New Members  - Page 8 Empty Hello from midcoast Maine, USA

Post by Shepherd Jim Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 am

It's funny, I was just reading the last intro in this thread from Fred who said "I hadn't shot a pistol since 1969 in Vietnam." The FIRST time I shot a pistol was in 1969. It was a "Vietnam 1911A" but it had been re-repatriated and I was shooting it in a field in Meshoppen, PA. Three tracer rounds at a stump 100 yards away. It was embarassing -- due to them being tracers we could see that we were missing that stump by 10' or so! Laughing I went through a long stretch of blackpowder muzzleloading along with "historical reenacting" in the 80s, but never shot any pistol.

But, a seed had been set. And then when I saw people dropping steel plates I knew I had to give modern, smokeless pistol a try.

A a few months back I joined the local range and re-joined the NRA, met a fun group of folks shooting centerfire and 22LR pistol "postals", and I've been having a ton of fun ever since. I've quickly accumulated a few 1911's and a Ruger Mark III and taken a few pistol "safety" and "self defense" courses.

Okay! I have a thread to start! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Jim Child
Bristol, ME USA
Shepherd Jim
Shepherd Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by BullseyeDad Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:34 pm

Greetings from northeast NC!

Me and my junior are 1 year into this awesome sport, and I've loved all the resources this site has to offer! Many thanks to all who keep this up and running, and to all who promote this sport...never met finer people than I've met on the firing line!

Special "thanks" to Chief Fleming for getting me and my son involved and being so willing to share time, guns and resources with newbies!

God bless,

Mike Lilly

BullseyeDad

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingshot Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Present and thanks!
Wingshot
Wingshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Yiogo Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm new to Bullseye and this forum! I'm having a great time. Yiogo

Yiogo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Tyler Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Jarhead checking in.
My names Tyler, though most know me as Mike.

I got started in bullseye in 2009 at Edson Range, went on to spend a summer with the Marine Corps Pistol Team, and have shot as much as I can since then.

Mike Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by markj Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Hello! My Name is Mark from Atlanta GA. Ive been a shooter and firearm owner for many years but have just started getting into Bullseye shooting. Ive shot at two matches now, and am rapidly becoming addicted. Ive got a Marvel Unit 1 and a Ruger MkIII for .22 and a very nice S70 GCNM that Im using for Centerfire and .45
Im really happy to have found this forum, Im spending a lot of time lurking around here and reading as much as I can!

markj

Back to top Go down

Welcome New Members  - Page 8 Empty Should Have Started Here First

Post by Fire Escape Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:49 am

I am/was an old rifle guy, small bore and high-power back in the 80s and 90s. I don't really know if I am (officially) shooting Bullseye yet. After making excuses not to for a few years, I finally showed up for my club's 'summer league'. It is a pretty simple, low stress evening with just 10 rds each of slow, timed and rapid at 25yds. and enough time to shoot it twice if desired. I have not asked and have no idea if the scores will eventually be entered so that I can earn a classification, I expect that my rifle ones disappeared a decade or more ago.
For now I am just shooting a MK II 'Competition Target' that I have had for a few decades. On the first practice night, it proceeded to fail to feed or fail to fire with about 35% of the rounds of the same lot of Fed ammo that had been flawless in it for years but at least I got to learn the course of fire. Replacing the old Volquartsen accuracy kit with the new(er) one (two trigger adjustments!), the day before the second actual 'match' taught me that 100 rds. of dry fire does not guarantee that your gun will actually work with real ammo. On the third session I got all 30 shots to 'go bang' and only had one that missed (barely) the scoring rings.
So, my shooting has been abysmal and I am having a ball! So much to learn, so much room for improvement and great people to learn from.

I will do my best not to ask too many dumb questions (and yes, there really are 'dumb questions') and will try not to hi-jack too many threads on the forum or ramble incessantly (like this).

Bruce

Fire Escape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi all. My name is Stephen, and I am addicted to walnut, stippling and blued steel.

Started shooting last year after reading old books for years and decided that proficiency meant being able to hit the target. My instructor did the student aims the pistol and the instructor pulls the trigger demonstration, and the journey began. Sure wished I found this forum earlier.

I'm looking forward to my first competition next month in the Atlanta Georgia area more to learn from the others than to show off my ability to avoid the inner rings of the targets.

Rather than Glock days at the local club with R. Lee Ermey I'd rather see Pardini days with Keith Sanderson.

Just saying...

Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:37 pm

LOL!  At the time of this post, Steve has his Classification set for "Mostly hits own target".
I almost blew my drink out of my mouth when I saw that!  Very Clever!
Thanks Steve!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornet1 Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Hello members.  I am a teacher/football coach in the upstate of SC.  I have been shooting pistols since '97 when I got finished playing college baseball.  I got interested in BE when I saw an old man (late 70's/early 80's) shooting a hardball gun at the club.  Wow, he was money.  So I said if he can do it so can I.  Well, I can do it just not very well.  I got a couple of guns and shot for a while and did OK I guess.  Haven't competed since '07.  Had my second child then and time was short. Between football and competition, one had to go.  So, I chose the one I get paid to do.  Guess that is why a good many shooters are just getting back into it.  I'm terrible, but progress is being made.  I love the challenge.

Mac

Hornet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Hello Faisal, it's been a while since we last talked. My work took me away from my favorite hobby and now I'm back. Looking forward to hereing from you ED M., Roddy and all my old friends here on the Bullseye L.
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by polymerpride Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Hey guys! Oh my gosh i can't even tell you how happy i am that i found this forum. I'v only been shooting for about a year now but i practice a few times a week and am consistently getting better and better. I'v been on glocktalk and 1911 addicts for the last few months and it seems just like a lot of argueing and drama over there. I mainly just want information on bullseye shooting and theres virtually none of that on the other forums. I hope to learn a lot from ya'll. Thank!

Chris

polymerpride

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:08 am

welcome, you will find good bullseye info from our members. dont hesitate to jump right in and ask questions, check out the sticky subjects at the top of each catagorie with lots of useful info or search our database for answers to common questions.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brettitt41 Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Hello shooters, I'm Brett and am just learning about bullseye shooting. Just picked up a Buckmark to learn on for rimfire and am still looking for the right .45 for me to start with. I am enjoying reading thru and learning from the old posts and hope I can put some of it to practice.

Brettitt41

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry lehrer Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Hello Again!

I am really an oooold member who did not switch when the server was changed.  My computer was trashed at that time.

I am back now reloading and shooting.

How do I offer up some stuff (not guns) for sale?

jerry lehrer

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:59 am

bullseye related items should be listed in the commercial row section.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by skillagalee Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Just registered and checking in     Interested in linking up with anyone in denver area to get started
Jim Churchill

skillagalee

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:25 am

Jim,
I've had the privilege of sharing range time with Steve Locatti and F. Paul Figlia in the Denver area.

Chuck Holt is up in Ft Collins.

Give them a shout and they may be able to help you out.
Al Schirado

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next