Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone use hard-cast bullets from CJN Casting in New Jersey?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone use hard-cast bullets from CJN Casting in New Jersey? Empty Anyone use hard-cast bullets from CJN Casting in New Jersey?

Post by bogierich 4/30/2015, 1:19 pm

I am curious if there is any consensus on the bullets made by CJN casting http://www.cjncasting.com ?

The owner, Carl Nill is a nice guy and I am wondering how they compare out there in the world of lead reloads?

Thanks
bogierich
bogierich

http://RichardBogath.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone use hard-cast bullets from CJN Casting in New Jersey? Empty Re: Anyone use hard-cast bullets from CJN Casting in New Jersey?

Post by DavidR 4/30/2015, 3:13 pm

from looking at the pics he has, the hg68 style in the 185 lswc and the 200 lswc look fine, only way to know is try them. But ive shot many brands of that style and only had one company that made crap, and they were out of N.C.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone use hard-cast bullets from CJN Casting in New Jersey? Empty Re: Anyone use hard-cast bullets from CJN Casting in New Jersey?

Post by rich.tullo 5/1/2015, 1:48 pm

I like them better than Penn Bullets. Very Good you won't be disappointed. Very consistent just like Penn Bullets. 

I have a buddy that is a master and ransom rested a bunch of bullets from everywhere and CJN 185s came in 2nd place behind 182 ZERO FMJ HP. 

I ordered a bunch of ZEROs and they are great but CNJ bullets don't smoke and don't lead. 

They also don't gum up your dies like Penn Bullets. I am sure he can send you a sample.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by noylj 5/2/2015, 1:16 am

Penn bullets smoke for you? I have never noticed.
Like most bullets, can you order a sample pack or 100-200 to try out? Even if I had shot them and hated them doesn't mean that in your gun they might not be absolutely wonderful.
I bought about 3000 National Bullet Co. 200gn L-SWCs several years ago. They were ugly, but they out shot Penn in my guns out to 50 yards. Heard some folks had bad experiences, but my guns really loved them. All bases were completely filled. When I went to order more, the company had gone out of business.
My only comment, and not about those specific bullets, would be that lack of any need for a hard alloy.
mastercastbullets.com, Penn, and Missouri Bullets make a softer alloy that is still harder than needed. I find the softer alloy is more accurate. Of these, mastercastbullets.com were the best.
My two top bullets are Zero 200gn and Precision Bullets 200gn SWCs. Both are very accurate.

noylj

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 5/2/2015, 5:15 am

I Weighed the cjn bullets the consistency was great all of them will weigh between 200 and 202
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by bogierich 5/7/2015, 10:12 am

CJN Casting must have definitely read our posts because I now see he is offering 25-bullet sampler packs with free shipping so we can try them out. See here:

http://www.cjncasting.com/Sample-Bullet-Packs-p/samplepack.htm
bogierich
bogierich

http://RichardBogath.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 5/8/2015, 5:40 am

Karl is great and makes a great product.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down