Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing Firing Pin block on 22 conversion - legal?

+9
Rob Kovach
Froneck
DavidR
Richard Ashmore
rich.tullo
Fire Escape
C.Perkins
LenV
dronning
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Removing Firing Pin block on 22 conversion - legal? - Page 2 Empty Removing Firing Pin block on 22 conversion - legal?

Post by dronning Wed Jun 24 2015, 22:50

First topic message reminder :

On a series 80 lower we eliminated the firing pin block parts (upper and lower sear levers), to get a smoother trigger operation.

Since there is no pin lock plunger on the conversion would the gun pass inspection for keeping all safety devices in place?

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Removing Firing Pin block on 22 conversion - legal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Removing Firing Pin block on 22 conversion - legal?

Post by dronning Sun Jul 12 2015, 22:40

Richard Ashmore wrote:
Froneck wrote: If some skilled checker does discover it I'm sure the NRA will make a one time exception since others were allowed to shoot the match undetected.

Tell that to the competitor on Range 4 who was DQ'd on Saturday for removing his firing pin block  Evil or Very Mad

All you have to do to check this is with the hammer back push the FP forward and it will stop if the pin block is in there. I have never seen an official do this check, but then I don't shoot an 80 series gun either.

- Dave

Last edited by dronning on Sun Jul 12 2015, 23:44; edited 1 time in total
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Removing Firing Pin block on 22 conversion - legal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Removing Firing Pin block on 22 conversion - legal?

Post by Dr.Don Sun Jul 12 2015, 22:58

Saturday was 45 day.  Doubt if the guy DQ'd was shooting a 22 conversion on 45 day.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon Jul 13 2015, 05:54

Dr.Don wrote:Saturday was 45 day.  Doubt if the guy DQ'd was shooting a 22 conversion on 45 day.
ahhh, they probably would have caught that instead!  lol!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianD Mon Jul 13 2015, 14:22

I was scoring the gentleman who had his slow fire match and his national match course disqualified.  Really a good guy.  Interesting that he shot the gun at Interservice, Prelim day and Centerfire day and nobody caught it.  I will guarantee that the referee did not catch this until one of the range officers looked very close at it.  Sitting on the bench you could not tell.  But the good ending to this is that Jim Lenardson loaned him his backup gun (a David Sams pistol) and the shooter then proceeded to shoot his best 4 targets of the week.
His 1st time fire target was a 99-5 or 6X.

BrianD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2