Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MatchDot II rings vs. LCI mounting rings 30 mm

3 posters

Go down

MatchDot II rings vs. LCI mounting rings 30 mm Empty MatchDot II rings vs. LCI mounting rings 30 mm

Post by RobSitka Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Can I use the weaver base rings that came with the UltraDot MatchDot II with a new Benelli 95E or should I spend the additional $179 for the 30mm rings from Larry's Guns Inc. ? I don't want to spend the extra, but I also don't want to spend a bundle on a Benelli and have it not function well if I don't. Anybody have any experiences that might help?

RobSitka

Back to top Go down

MatchDot II rings vs. LCI mounting rings 30 mm Empty Re: MatchDot II rings vs. LCI mounting rings 30 mm

Post by Rob Kovach Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:17 am

I use my 30mm UD MD rings that came with my scope on my slide mount 1911 and never had one come loose or cause me any trouble. I say just use it.

What's the worst thing that could happen? You could lose your zero during a match, then you would have to tighten it up and reset your zero. Like I said--it's never happened to me.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

MatchDot II rings vs. LCI mounting rings 30 mm Empty Re: MatchDot II rings vs. LCI mounting rings 30 mm

Post by clark2245 Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:31 pm

In general terms the rings that come with an Ultradot will work fine on a
22 with the low recoil they generate, though there can be some problems
on a 45. Looking at Larry's web site the question I have is whether
the Benelli 95 comes with a scope mounting rail or if you have to buy
something like that $179 one to be able to add a dot? Starting to get
kind of expensive compared to some of the alternatives.

clark2245

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:46 pm

I think I figured out what you are asking. The mount from LCI is more than just "rings". It's the mount system and you can ask for free rings. See the last sentence in the description: http://www.larrysguns.com/Products/The-Ultimate-Benelli-Mount-MP-90-(shown)__The-spc-Ultimate-spc-Benelli-spc-Mount.aspx

Even if you use the LCI mount, you are going to need to use some rings. It was my recollection that a Benelli MP-95 has a built in mount rail. If I'm right, try it with the rings that came with your Ultradot first.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down