Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitness.. it DOES help

+4
TampaTim
joem5636
Jerry Keefer
s1120
8 posters

Go down

Fitness.. it DOES help Empty Fitness.. it DOES help

Post by s1120 9/20/2015, 7:14 am

Over the years I have read a lot about Bullseye shooting. In a lot of cases they bring up improved fitness as one aspect of improving. Frankly I never really got that, but I gotta tell you... Ive done almost zero shooting this summer. Sadly its just been so busy, that I haven't been able to fit any time into it. But this spring I started running. Ive been training, and running some 5Ks. I went from a 49 year old, overweight, out of shape lump, to a 40lb less, in much better shape 50 year old... I gotta say I did some shooting last night, and I really felt it. My breathing control was much better. I was in better control of my swing zone, and it just felt more controlled. Ill be darned... it does help!!!

s1120

Back to top Go down

Fitness.. it DOES help Empty Re: Fitness.. it DOES help

Post by Jerry Keefer 9/20/2015, 8:44 am

NO QUESTION.. Core strength is a huge plus.. In my PPC days, PT was a huge part of success.  When the Nationals were held in Jackson, Miss., The heat and humidity was a major factor.. Training hard during the heat of summer here in VA gave one a distinct advantage over those who did not.
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by joem5636 9/20/2015, 12:48 pm

I heartily concur. I like yoga for strength, flexibility, endurance, and "mindfulness."

joem5636

Back to top Go down

Post by TampaTim 9/20/2015, 9:33 pm

Yoga and meditation allows you to utilize your fine motor skills and mental conditioning needed to get out of expert class and get to M/HM class.

TampaTim

Back to top Go down

Post by s1120 9/21/2015, 10:36 am

pistol champ wrote:Yoga and meditation allows you to utilize your fine motor skills and mental conditioning needed to get out of expert class and get to M/HM class.
Im hoping to get sharp shooter. Smile

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 9/21/2015, 1:51 pm

pistol champ wrote:Yoga and meditation allows you to utilize your fine motor skills and mental conditioning needed to get out of expert class and get to M/HM class.
Im hoping to get sharp shooter. Fitness.. it DOES help Icon_smile

If you try too hard, you will skip over SS and hit expert!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s1120 12/7/2015, 9:37 am

Rob Kovach wrote:
Im hoping to get sharp shooter. Fitness.. it DOES help Icon_smile

If you try too hard, you will skip over SS and hit expert!

LOL  that's the plan!!

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda 12/8/2015, 7:18 pm

I started yoga a few months ago and it has helped me a great deal.  I emailed a few instructors and told them exactly what I was hoping to achieve.  I found a great yoga studio.  We focus on core and shoulders.   The best thing I have learned is "pranayama" which is breathing exercises.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 12/8/2015, 8:51 pm

Losing almost 20 lbs in the past 7 weeks has helped me a lot. Particularly with regard to high power rifle. But I am certain that it will help endurance during pistol season as well. At the start of last year I could not make it through a 2700. By August my 45 scores were higher than center fire and while tiring, a 2700 was completely doable. Fast forward to now with a better diet and more off season activity, at least an hour per day, and I am really looking forward to the shooting season.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by kjanracing 1/10/2016, 8:12 pm

I'm a triathlete that got back into shooting a year ago.  I think being in shape really helps.  Congratulations to all that have made a lifestyle change!
kjanracing
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum