Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Determining correct trigger length?

5 posters

Go down

Determining correct trigger length? Empty Determining correct trigger length?

Post by KevinB 10/7/2015, 3:04 pm

I've been struggling with getting a good repeatable grip on the 1911.  I have fairly small hands and have a hard time getting a grip that is not affected by the trigger finger.  Is there any rule of thumb(or forefinger) for determining if I should be trying a shorter trigger?  I'm considering slim grip panels as well.

KevinB

Back to top Go down

Determining correct trigger length? Empty Re: Determining correct trigger length?

Post by mspingeld 10/7/2015, 3:40 pm

I have Rink grips and changed to a short trigger. Much better. Not a huge investment to try it.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Determining correct trigger length? Empty Re: Determining correct trigger length?

Post by Dr.Don 10/7/2015, 3:54 pm

Check out the Greider triggers at Brownells.  They have short, med, and long and are reasonably priced.  They require a little fitting but it is pretty easy to do.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinB 10/7/2015, 4:02 pm

I need to keep the gun CMP legal for now so no orthopedic grips.  Dave Salyer is going to do a trigger on it soon so I want to get the right part fitted.

KevinB

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 10/7/2015, 4:46 pm

Don't forget to make sure you have a flat main spring housing to compliment the short trigger.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by davekp 10/8/2015, 7:39 am

BE Mike wrote:Don't forget to make sure you have a flat main spring housing to compliment the short trigger.

Not necessarily true.
I find a short trigger and arched housing works best for my small hands.
You need to try them both.

davekp

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 10/8/2015, 8:29 am

davekp wrote:
BE Mike wrote:Don't forget to make sure you have a flat main spring housing to compliment the short trigger.

Not necessarily true.
I find a short trigger and arched housing works best for my small hands.
You need to try them both.
True enough. With hands, as well as, other parts of the anatomy, one size doesn't fit all. Just because Brian Zins or Jerry Miculek successfully uses a certain grip or configuration doesn't mean it is good for everyone.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down