Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Range Report ...

2 posters

Go down

Range Report ... Empty Range Report ...

Post by Tim:H11 12/6/2015, 4:57 pm

I am fortunate to have property big enough to house all my shooting interest's needs and thankful thank the neighboring property is farm land and not a neighborhood. This afternoon just before I lost the sun until tomorrow I got out the kit for some practice. A little work with my Smith and Wesson Model 17 (K22) in Timed Fire. It wasn't good but I'm just starting in on revolver shooting in sustained fire. Slow fire isn't as big of a challenge as sustained fire is right now - I'm just not used to it yet.

The Smith and Wesson Model 41 performed well though. 199-12X with irons. Pics below. What did I learn? Same as always. Two things: 1.) maintain correct sight picture until the bullet is out the end of the barrel. 2.) DO NOT think about the previous shot ESPECIALLY in sustained fire. Once it's out the gun and on target there is nothing you can do about. The only shot that matters is the one in front of the firing pin. 

Range Report ... Image_4

Range Report ... Image_6
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Range Report ... Empty Re: Range Report ...

Post by KevinB 12/6/2015, 5:29 pm

Raise your target to shoulder height to simulate an actual match.  Great shooting!

KevinB

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 12/6/2015, 6:39 pm

KevinB wrote:Raise your target to shoulder height to simulate an actual match.  Great shooting!
I shoot from inside the garage out the back bay door. The garage is elevated and the land slopes down some to where the target is. To raise the target safely, the berm will need a major increase in mass and size. I don't shoot behind the house often. Only when I can't make it to the range. And unfortunately the range is at a similar angle to insure shots stay in the range property. The only time I shoot level is at the matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down