Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using 38 Super as a fun functional addition.

+5
dronning
Skid
LenV
Dave Shooter
zanemoseley
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

38 super - Using 38 Super as a fun functional addition. - Page 2 Empty Using 38 Super as a fun functional addition.

Post by zanemoseley 12/10/2015, 8:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here's the deal, I just finished my first bullseye season and am learning a lot, my best score was right under 2300 which was a big impovement from where I started. I shoot an old S&W 41 and a Led Baer Conecpt III in CF and 45.

I'm having fun getting better and have fun competing with myself as much as others.

I also enjoy collecting guns and am always on the hunt for my next gun. I'm thinking of picking up my second 1911. I was initially thinking of a 9mm commander but am now thinking of a full sized Colt government 38 super. This will mainly be a fun gun that might see some competition use. I reload and cast my own bullets. How light can the 38 super be loaded while maintaining accuracy? I know 38 special is a better serious choice but options on that front are very limited and often expensive hence my reason for going with a 38 super. I've thought of a old S&W 52 but my 41 gives me enough trouble so not really sure I want another vintage gun now.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

38 super - Using 38 Super as a fun functional addition. - Page 2 Empty Re: Using 38 Super as a fun functional addition.

Post by Skid 3/9/2016, 1:43 pm

Well Zane how's your new Super ? have you had time to do any load developing yet ? Just wanted to mention that I have been using 3.0grs of WST with a 147gr. Lead bullet ( the load that Axehandle mentioned ) and I'm getting excellent results.

Skid

Back to top Go down

38 super - Using 38 Super as a fun functional addition. - Page 2 Empty Re: Using 38 Super as a fun functional addition.

Post by zanemoseley 3/9/2016, 9:43 pm

Honestly after my initial testing I sent the Sig off for some work. I'm getting the trigger mech gutted with all too notch stuff installed, also getting a match bushing and new target sights installed. The smith is having an issue with the rear Sig sight, it apparently has a really odd cut, possibly proprietary, I may end up having to just paint the white dots on the rear black. He should have it back to me soon, can't wait to get back shooting it and getting a load tweaked.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2