Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacing the extractor on a Pardini SP

3 posters

Go down

Replacing the extractor on a Pardini SP Empty Replacing the extractor on a Pardini SP

Post by mdlandolfi 3/1/2016, 8:37 pm

I have a Nygord Pardini SP. It would not extract a fired case, so I bought I a new extractor and spring. I got the old one out easily.

I am having a problem getting the new one in place. What is the best way to get the extractor in place?

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited by mdlandolfi on 3/1/2016, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

mdlandolfi

Back to top Go down

Replacing the extractor on a Pardini SP Empty Re: Replacing the extractor on a Pardini SP

Post by Toz35m 3/6/2016, 9:15 pm

If I remember correctly there is a spring behind the extractor.  I do remember replacing the spring also.

It has been so long since I did this but I do not remember a trick to replacing it.  You might have to hold it in place while you slip the pin back in place.  I might have had to use a small wire to hold it in place while replacing the pin.

Sorry I could not be more help.  I replaced mine about 8 yrs ago or more
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Replacing the extractor on a Pardini SP Empty Re: Replacing the extractor on a Pardini SP

Post by jjessip 3/7/2016, 11:13 am

I insert the new extractor spring in the corresponding recess in the bolt, then push the new extractor into the slot in the bolt. Line up the hole of the new extractor with the corresponding hole in the bolt, then carefully place it in a small vise to keep it positioned. Double-check to be sure the holes are aligned, then use a pin vise or a forceps to position the cross-pin over the hole in the bolt. Then gently tap the cross-pin in with a mallet (the cross-pin should be at or below flush on each side of the bolt when finished). If you still have questions, you can email Pardini USA from their website.

jjessip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down