Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"pet' 25 yd short course

5 posters

Go down

"pet' 25 yd short course  Empty "pet' 25 yd short course

Post by Paper-Puncher 12/17/2011, 9:04 pm

Whats your pet 25 yd short course load.........I need a good 25yd load for indoors accurate & soft ...so I can build my .45 skills......Ive got my Range Officer shooting well I cant tell you how many times Ive put the first 1-3 shots into the 10 ring on a slow fire target only to get chicken finger or loosen my grip and throw the last 2......

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

"pet' 25 yd short course  Empty Re: "pet' 25 yd short course

Post by dan allen 12/18/2011, 7:24 am

Same as my outdoor loads - both short and long line. For me the simpler the better. 4 grains of Bullseye under either a 185 or 200 grain SWC.

dan allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_D 12/19/2011, 5:46 am

Paper-Puncher wrote:Whats your pet 25 yd short course load.........I need a good 25yd load for indoors accurate & soft ...so I can build my .45 skills......Ive got my Range Officer shooting well I cant tell you how many times Ive put the first 1-3 shots into the 10 ring on a slow fire target only to get chicken finger or loosen my grip and throw the last 2......

I am suffering from a similar problem right now with my 45. Having experimented with different loads (I use the same for slow and sustained), I did find a few points in my sustained fire by going to a 185 gn hollow point but that was primarily due to recoil management. I saw no change in slow fire and really didn't expect it there. Slow fire is much more of a mental game than sustained. You have much more time to mess things up by trying to be too perfect.

My efforts to improve slow fire will be on mental focus more than anything. I have a hard time focusing on something for that long of a period of time. I am so bad sometimes, I end up looking at everyone else' targets during league night to see how everyone else is doing. I don't do it to see if I am beating anyone, my mind just wanders off with my natural curiosity.

Chris

Chris_D

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 12/19/2011, 10:59 am

Load depends on other things, like are you shooting lead or fmj? and if using a slide mounted dot or not, it takes 3.8-9 be to cycle with the dot, 3.6 will run w/open sights with lead, fmj's will take a couple of tenths more.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher 12/19/2011, 3:13 pm

I'm useing irop's but I'm goin with 3.8 B.E. and 3.9 clays......my lee disks dont give me the 3.6 option with B.E. & dont let me load 3.8 clays ......I dont think a tenth or 2 is gonna make much diff. recoil wise......oh ya 200gr Lswc......Ive diceded to stay with 200's just to keep it simple and load wise 3.8-3.9 seems to be the general # for both powders......I really like the way the B.E. loads ......time to do alot of dry fire.....oh ya!!!!!!!!!

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by ChuckS1 12/22/2011, 6:42 pm

I'm also using 3.8 grains of Bullseye and a 200 grain lead SWC. My pistol has a slide-mounted UltraDot. I used this today at 50 yards and it appears that I don't need to adjust my sight going from 25 to 50 yards with this load.
ChuckS1
ChuckS1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down