Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

clark slide mount.

4 posters

Go down

clark slide mount. Empty clark slide mount.

Post by Paper-Puncher 12/24/2011, 12:33 am

Just ordered a clark slide mount for the Range Officer....will it fit between the sights or do I need to remove the irons ? cant tell from the picture and theres no info on the clark page other than it black and aluminum......

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

clark slide mount. Empty Re: clark slide mount.

Post by charlie_seablom 12/24/2011, 12:58 am

The Clark mount is the same length as the slide so if you want to leave the sights on you will have to cut it. On mine, which has a soldered on front sight, I cut the Clark mount to fit between the sights. You may also have to cut more slots in the mount to put the scope where you want it.

charlie_seablom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 12/24/2011, 8:04 am

Yes Keith, you would either have to remove the irons, or modify the rail. I modified my rail and so did my buddy with the RO. I will attach photos to this post after I take them.

Use a 10lb recoil spring with the ammo you are using.---Those sights are really on there...I would leave them on. It wasn't hard to mill the rail down.

Last edited by Rob Kovach on 12/24/2011, 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher 12/24/2011, 8:20 am

That about what I figured....I will prob. just remove the opens.

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer 12/25/2011, 11:12 pm

[quote="Rob Kovach"]Yes Keith, you would either have to remove the irons, or modify the rail. I modified my rail and so did my buddy with the RO. I will attach photos to this post after I take them.

Please do show those pics of yours and your friend's RO, I am interested to see what it looks like. I am unable to find pics online anywhere with the rail between the sights. I assume if you leave the sights and mount the rail in between, the sights are useless? Also, with the slide being cut for those target style sights, I again assume there will be a gap between the full length rib/rail and where the rear sight use to be if it is removed. Would it be stable? I ask because I am interested in the rock river rail/rib sight since it seems like a best of both worlds situation.
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie_seablom 12/26/2011, 11:47 am

Here are some photos of mine:
clark slide mount. DSCN0416
clark slide mount. DSCN0417
clark slide mount. DSCN0418
Not real pretty but it works. The sights are slightly higher than the rail so you can use them with the rail in place. I wouldn't want to shoot a match that way though.

charlie_seablom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down