Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Bullseye Shooter Relocating to Dallas,TX

+2
BE Mike
dvdt
6 posters

Go down

New Bullseye Shooter Relocating to Dallas,TX Empty New Bullseye Shooter Relocating to Dallas,TX

Post by dvdt 1/4/2012, 7:40 pm

Howdy -

I'm a relatively new Bullseye shooter. I'm relocating from NC to Dallas,TX. I'm hoping some members on this forum might help me find some Bullseye matches in the DFW area. I've lived in Dallas for ~6 months once before but that was before I was turned on to Bullseye.

I found the Map on a subforum here as well as my Google skills. Here's where I'm at so far:

Hathom City Rifle & Pistol club - http://www.haltomcityrpc.org/bullseye.html
Monday night league. Shoot a 900 each week. Does not appear they have a full 2700.
Q: Does anyone know if you *have* to join the club to participate?

Bullseye Range & Guns
I called these folks and they no longer have any competitions. It sounds like a general shootin' range.

Dallas Pistol Club - http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/bullseye.php
This sounds perfect! 2700 the first Sunday of the month. Open to newbies like myself. It's VERY close to where I'll be working. Of course with my luck, there's a 4 year waiting list to join the club Sad

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone else point me in the right direction here or give me any contact info?

I'm pretty bummed. I thought that Texas of all places would be a smorgasbord for shooting. To be honest, I figured I'd be issued a .45 when I crossed the state line Smile

dvdt

Back to top Go down

New Bullseye Shooter Relocating to Dallas,TX Empty Re: New Bullseye Shooter Relocating to Dallas,TX

Post by BE Mike 1/5/2012, 8:27 am

I'm told that they still host 2700 matches in Austin (Manor). That's around a hundred miles from Dallas. I'd advise you to join the Texas State Rifle Association. It'll help you keep up on competitive shooting in the state and might help you make some new shooting buddies.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

New Bullseye Shooter Relocating to Dallas,TX Empty Re: New Bullseye Shooter Relocating to Dallas,TX

Post by Ghillieman 2/19/2012, 2:39 pm

Welcome to Texas DVDT!

Terrell Rifle and Pistol Club, www.tr-pc.com, holds a bullseye pistol match on the fourth Sunday of the month. Its an outdoor match with 50yd slowfire and turning targets for the timed and rapidfire matches.

I'll be there for the match this Sunday, hope to see you there.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cort 2/19/2012, 8:18 pm

You do not have to be a member of the Dallas Pistol Club to shoot in our 2700 matches on the first Sunday of the month (except for January and July - no match and December - 1800 only). Come on out and join us.

Cort

Cort

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion 12/3/2012, 12:49 pm

Bringing up an old thread here, but are there any other bullseye clubs in the area?

Thanks.
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit 12/4/2012, 10:43 am

Dallas is 1st Sunday of the month

Austin is 3rd Sunday of the month

San Antonio is the 4th Saturday of the month

Houston is the 4th Sunday of the month

You'll see a lot of the same faces at many of these and new faces are always welcome. You don't need to be a club member for any of them.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down