Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benelli MP 90s

5 posters

Go down

Benelli MP 90s Empty Benelli MP 90s

Post by roysha1942 4/29/2016, 5:30 pm

Hello all: New to the forum.

I need a little advice. I have a pair of Benelli MP 90s pistols, 22 and 32, which I no longer need. The years have taken their toll, (on me) plus there really isn't an active bullseye presence available to me without a bit of driving. So I am thinking of selling the Benellis but honestly don't know their "real world" value. The 22 has been shot more than the 32 but both are in excellent+ condition with factory hard cases, papers, extra magazines and even the factory oil bottles. The grips have not been altered although the 22 shows some discoloration from handling since the wood is basically unfinished. I used mainly an S&W 41 when I did compete years ago and bought these in a moment of extreme optimisim as to my future in BE competition.

The few prices I have seen are all over the place with most of them seemingly overly optimistic. So, can you folks give me an idea as to a price that would be reasonable for the pair? I will only consider selling them as a pair which has also added to my difficulty in trying to arrive at a fair price. Quite honestly, I am not to enthused about selling them (bragging rights doncha know) but they have sat on the shelf for the last 4-5 years and I'm thinking perhaps there is someone out there that can put them to the use for which they were intended.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

roysha1942

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP 90s Empty Re: Benelli MP 90s

Post by JKR 4/29/2016, 5:54 pm

I also have a pair of Benelli 90s. I bought both used about three years ago. I paid $1000. for the 22 and $1300 for the 32. I would think that plus or minus a couple hundred is in the ball park.

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Russ OR 4/29/2016, 10:01 pm

IMHO if they have the cross-slots & grooves for rings on top of the barrel, that's a definite plus. Pictures? - I think they'll sell fast. - Let us know when you decide on a price.  Russ

Russ OR

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer 4/30/2016, 9:36 am

I briefly had both in 95e, had to sell both due to one not being legal in Canada where I had been planning to shoot a match, though the 90 was legal.  Ironically they then canceled the match and then cancelled the whole sporting event.

Regardless, I sold the 22 for 1000, and the 32 for 1100 I belive; however, both had Nill world cup grips. So if you have 90 you could add 2 to $300 more due to the better trigger group.
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by desben 5/2/2016, 11:07 am

scrum derringer wrote:I briefly had both in 95e, had to sell both due to one not being legal in Canada where I had been planning to shoot a match, though the 90 was legal.  Ironically they then canceled the match and then cancelled the whole sporting event.

I had to check... And you're right! The 90 made it on the list of approved guns for Canada, but not the 95. That makes no sense. But then, firearms laws don't always make sense... The intent of the .32 and .25 ban was to get rid of those saturday-night specials. Then they added exceptions for target guns, by specifically listing them. The 95 clearly should be legal if you follow the intent of the law, but it's not.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-98-465/page-2.html
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer 5/2/2016, 1:26 pm

desben wrote:
scrum derringer wrote:I briefly had both in 95e, had to sell both due to one not being legal in Canada where I had been planning to shoot a match, though the 90 was legal.  Ironically they then canceled the match and then cancelled the whole sporting event.

I had to check... And you're right! The 90 made it on the list of approved guns for Canada, but not the 95. That makes no sense. But then, firearms laws don't always make sense... The intent of the .32 and .25 ban was to get rid of those saturday-night specials. Then they added exceptions for target guns, by specifically listing them. The 95 clearly should be legal if you follow the intent of the law, but it's not.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-98-465/page-2.html
 Yes i checked with the RCMP...after... buying the pistol. As long as the barrelsaid 95, its no good. There could have been a chance of a wink and a nod at the border, since I play the same sport, so to speak, as the the RCMP, but the downside to that gamble is not worth it. And like i said, ironically the pistol event then the whole games were cancelled (Montréal). Hoping to find out if it'll be in Toronto tomorrow ?!?! !
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down