Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40 plus years ago

5 posters

Go down

40 plus years ago Empty 40 plus years ago

Post by Jerry Keefer 5/15/2016, 3:55 pm

This picture hangs on my office wall. thought it might spark some interest.. I am pretty sure John Bickar remembers some of this.
This is the Castle Pistol Team, New Castle, PA. We are at the 1974 PA State Bullseye Championships, in Lewistown, PA.
L-R is  myself, can't remember the next man's name, Frank Larr, Jim Gay, Bill Gibson, and Warner Ulrich. Castle Pistol Club was  very active in those days, running numerous indoor matches to include state indoor championships and international matches, and weekly leagues... No outdoor range. We were actiive outdoors at the Beaver Valley Pistol Club in Beaver Falls, PA and Canton McKinley matches..
The first optic equipped guns were seen frequently at those matches, as Joe Pascarella  attended our league and area matches with his Oxford equipped guns.. Joe later went on to be a National Champion with optic guns..
40 plus years ago 1974%20PA%20State%20Championships_zpspdsndshk
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

40 plus years ago Empty Re: 40 plus years ago

Post by john bickar 5/15/2016, 9:12 pm

1974 was before my time but I did shoot quite a bit at New Castle, Beaver Falls, and I think once or twice at Greenville(?)

Don't know any of these gents, though.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 5/15/2016, 10:00 pm

You look not much older than a teenager there Jerry.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer 5/15/2016, 10:15 pm

jmdavis wrote:You look not much older than a teenager there Jerry.
Thankyou Mike. I was 31 then..
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 5/15/2016, 10:18 pm

Jerry Keefer wrote:
Dang! A very young 31. 
I regret not taking more pictures at matches. I got into BE in my early 20's. I have no pictures of the wonderful shooters I've known and shot with who have gone on to meet the maker. 
Thanks for sharing Jerry.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 5/15/2016, 10:48 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:
Jerry Keefer wrote:
Dang! A very young 31. 
I regret not taking more pictures at matches. I got into BE in my early 20's. I have no pictures of the wonderful shooters I've known and shot with who have gone on to meet the maker. 
Thanks for sharing Jerry.
Jon

The big photo board at Canton is something I always took for granted. Clete Wade took good photos and when you came back the next year you were welcome to take any print you appeared in. In my ignorance, I thought that was just "what happened" at big matches.

I had photographers in my family all the while growing up, but they've all passed; man, is that a noticeable loss.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 5/16/2016, 8:56 am

That's my club, Lewistown PA. Range is still the same though we added a roof over the benches. Adam broke 2600 there his first time while he was a Jr. I ran quite a few matches there but it's gone down hill since. Didn't have any outdoor bullseye matches at all last year. Action built a range behind the Club house, not sure if the new Club House with indoor range was built when the photo was taken, they are quite active and run quite a few matches. They want to take over half of the 49 target range seen in the background.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down