Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield XD for outdoor bullseye???

+17
Ghillieman
james r chapman
LenV
killswitch
C.Perkins
Schaumannk
clark2245
Cd627
Chris Miceli
dstates
john bickar
SteveT
bdas
DeweyHales
rreid
dronning
mtlucas0311
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Springfield XD for outdoor bullseye??? - Page 3 Empty Springfield XD for outdoor bullseye???

Post by mtlucas0311 Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm sure many of you received the latest CMP shooters news, did anyone see the ad about Springfield giving away up to 20 pistols for competitors firing in the Presidents match?

...All you have to do do be in the drawing is make the Presidents hundred using an XD or XDM...

"Springfield Armory will potentially donate up to 20 new Springfield XD(M)® 5.25" pistols during the President's Pistol Match on July 17, to competitors who place in the Top 100 (President's 100) and fire the 20 highest scores using a Springfield XD® or XD(M)® during the match. Competitors MUST have competed with a Springfield XD® or XD(M)® in order to receive an XD(M) 5.25"."

Does anyone think they could shoot a good enough score with a polymer, striker fired gun to make the list? It seems like a tall order, but I guess for guys who've made the list a bunch of times it might be incentive enough to give it a shot.

mtlucas0311

Back to top Go down

Springfield XD for outdoor bullseye??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Springfield XD for outdoor bullseye???

Post by Froneck Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:59 am

I did meet Mr. Franks a few years ago at Perry, later we all went to dinner together. This year I went to dinner with the entire AMU group at Perry Sunday evening. Later Adam and I talked to 3AM. I have 5 kids, Adam's brother also competed at Perry this year. Adam's 2 sisters and 2 brothers are his equal in their chosen fields.
 I have posted this in other topics and will add it here. Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyNkZHjkkB8
 It's about what Adam had to do to overcome injury to his right hand and switch to left hand. Being a 2650 shooter right handed he became a 2650 shooter left handed thought he is now shooting right handed. The video is good in that it shows what has to be done to become a great shooter.
 Best I can say is an example of how I instructed my kids.  Quite a few years ago when the second Star Wars Movie was available at Block Buster's. When Luke said to Yoda I'll Try, Yoda responded Do or Do Not there is no try my wife laughed and said DAD! I for everything I did put all necessary effort needed to succeed. I stressed that with my Kids as my Dad did with me. I pushed them toward nothing but supported them with what ever needed when they determined their goal.
 Too often when someone decides they want to shoot competition they "TRY" Simple get a gun and begin shooting. Many times others provide information that is incorrect and the shooter will never attain the level he desires. Being a new shooter he will listen to a Marksman, later a Sharpshooter and so on but he becomes a composite of them all! In the video I listed above Adam explains what it took to leave Perry shooting right handed and return next year shooting left handed and come in 4th place. He didn't "Try" he did! In order to do he had to research what was necessary and got information from former champions.  Talking to Adam earlier this month and him being the coach of the team he mentioned it's much easier to teach a new shooter that never shot before than a shooter that has done it quite a while. Bad habits are very hard to get rid of! In reality shooting a good score is easy if the correct fundamentals are applied and as the shooter continues using the proper fundamentals muscles will develop as well as other conditions and the score continue to rise. However one bad habit and progress is halted.
 Though a bit off topic I though it best to answer the question, if more information is wanted I will be happy to continue if another topic is started.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3