Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smith Wesson introduces new 22 target pistol

5 posters

Go down

Smith Wesson introduces new 22 target pistol Empty Smith Wesson introduces new 22 target pistol

Post by DavidR 7/5/2016, 10:36 am

Sounds like a good alternative to the ruger mk ll or lll or others in the same price range.

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2016/6/24/sw22-victory-review/
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Smith Wesson introduces new 22 target pistol Empty Re: Smith Wesson introduces new 22 target pistol

Post by Jack H 7/5/2016, 1:44 pm

I think this will be a good gun, but someone has to design a BE trigger job.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Smith Wesson introduces new 22 target pistol Empty Re: Smith Wesson introduces new 22 target pistol

Post by jmdavis 7/5/2016, 2:43 pm

The trigger out of the box is not bad and beats most of the MKII and III Rugers that I have seen AFTER they have had a trigger job. Truthfully, the only Ruger I have shot with a better Trigger is my ancient MKI. 

I shot one for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was very surprised at its performance right out of the box. It's alot of pistol for a VERY good street price.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 7/5/2016, 3:53 pm

I must have got a lemon. The trigger was smooth but lifted over 5.5 lbs. I took it apart and found two problems. The trigger spring hooks directly to the transfer bar and holds it up over the safety and magazine safety. Any changes to the spring could result it the transfer bar not being held up and away. The second problem is the hammer spring. It delivers way to much force and drags on the trigger. I destroyed 3 of my snap caps in three pulls of the trigger. I went to the wall anchors and they were smashed but at least they were not shattered like the snap caps. I think some changes are possible in that area but I was not the person to start messing with those springs. I also had a problem with the end of the scope rail that just fits in a notch. I was able (using a bunch of force) to get the scope to move back and forth. I wonder how many pounds/ounces the trigger is on other Victors.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 7/5/2016, 4:00 pm

Hmm, I didn't measure the pull, but it was smooth and felt about like my wad gun at 3.5 lbs. A friend bought one for his wife. When they are back from vacation (after Perry), I will bring the trigger scale over and play with that one.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 7/5/2016, 6:26 pm

I totally agree with Len.  I looked at the Victory real close as I have small hands and just can't handle the grip on the S&W 41 and many of the High Standards.  I own and shoot a Ruger 22/45 with a Volquartsen trigger and sear and a Mark III Target with a complete grip frame by Volquartsen.  Both of my Rugers have great triggers, break at between 2.25 and 2.5 pounds. (They will lift 2.25 lbs but not 2.5 using old school trigger weights)  I know most people on this forum don't think much of Volquartsen products and I agree to a point,  nothing can beat a trigger job by a good gun smith but finding a good pistol smith is not always possible and Volquartsen works for me at my level of performance.  As for the triggers on the Victory I have handled 3 or 4 different ones and each has been the same.  Extremely long amount of take up,  long "scratchy" trigger pull, heavy pull (I guessing way over 5 lbs) and just feels cheap.  Until someone is able to fix the poor quality of trigger on the Victory I will keep my Ruger's that hold sub x-ring groups at 50 yards from the bench which is better than most gun reviews I have seen on the Victory as the gun writers only ever show results for 25 yards.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down