Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chamber & throat .38 Super

3 posters

Go down

chamber & throat .38 Super Empty chamber & throat .38 Super

Post by binski 10/26/2016, 12:46 pm

I bought a Colt Gov model .38 Super, about 2 weeks ago. Just got to shoot it yesterday. It would not lock back after last rd. And I had to pry the mag out of mag well. I've read where their having problems with the mags . I can't find contact info for the Tripp kit to replace follower and spring. Also when I was cleaning it I noticed that the lands from about 4 oclock to 8 oclock, do not start at throat as the lands above it. I want to use this pistol for bullseye comp and wondering if I should go with a aftermarket barrel!       thanks    binski

PS this is a new pistol

binski

Back to top Go down

chamber & throat .38 Super Empty Re: chamber & throat .38 Super

Post by jglenn21 10/26/2016, 12:56 pm

I shoot a super for centerfire..

I run Pachmayr magazines in it.. they are simply SS  Mec-Gar mags with a round follower. Metalform mags are also very good. in any case try another mag..

Mine is build with a Kart non ramped barrel and runs 100%..
very accurate gun with light springs  and using the 126 Dardus SWC bullet.

Colt barrels can be very good if welded up properly and then fitted by a good smith.. I think I'd talk with Colt about that barrel first though given you concerns over the throat. bet they will replace it

I have a friend who just had Clark build a super for him and it turned out very nice.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 10/26/2016, 1:20 pm

I have quite few TRIPP mags never had a problem with any of them, give them a call they will help you out.

https://www.trippresearch.com/store/store_1911.html#

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by binski 10/26/2016, 1:44 pm

Thanks guys, the more I looked at the chamber of the barrel the worse it looked . So I called Colt and their sending a shiping label.     binski

binski

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down