New Member introduction Topic

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty New Member introduction Topic

Post by DavidR on 11/11/2016, 4:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the family, you have joined the worlds largest gathering of Bullseye "precision pistol" shooter's and bullseye Gunsmith's on the planet! These folks are the friendliest and most knowledgeable to the sport you will ever find in one place and all willing to help with anything you might care to discuss about the sport. Please tell us a little about yourself and what brings you here!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty Re: New Member introduction Topic

Post by willnewton on 6/16/2019, 8:39 am

Welcome aboard!
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chaffa99 on 6/30/2019, 11:54 am

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around for a while and finally decided to join. I mostly shoot for fun but have been taking more and more interest in bulls eye shooting. I am located in SLC Utah, and the only "competitive" experience I have with bulls eye is the yearly Corporate games. I have a modified Ruger MKII that I have used to some success but find too heavy with its volquartsen 6 inch barrel, so I am looking (and researching) on what bulls eye pistol I should consider as my introductory one.

Jose Martinez

chaffa99

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley on 6/30/2019, 1:51 pm

What you might want to do is find an older match conditioned 1911 or just go get a Springfield Armory Range Officer in 45ACP THEN put on a 22 conversion. Shoot the heck out of that until you shoot a 220 to 240 score. Then go find these guys. https://www.upms.org/schedule.php
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty new to forum

Post by northern41 on 7/7/2019, 6:28 am

Good Morning, new to the forum and would like to says thanks for the opportunity. Would like some help from the members. Looking to contact Dick Horton to inquire if he makes grips for a Hammerli 208s. Can not find his contact info in my files. I have a set of his grips for my Model 41 and would like to stay with that style if possible. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, northern41

northern41

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH on 7/7/2019, 7:28 pm

TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by TDP0311 on 8/9/2019, 8:10 pm

Hello all,

I'm a new join from NW Ohio, I live near Toledo which makes Camp Perry a short drive. I have been shooting competitively for 2 years now, and recently legged out in service rifle. As such, I'm looking to give service pistol a go and am eager to spend some time learning about the equipment I'll need to get going. I know next to nothing about service pistol competition besides the course of fire, and that everyone says it is much more difficult than rifle and will teach me a thing or two about trigger control! 

I look forward to meeting the local shooters as I branch out into another shooting sport!

Regards, 
Tim Plowman

TDP0311

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 on 8/12/2019, 11:34 am

Welcome Tim,

There's a load of information on the site so search away. This a friendly and non-political group that is happy to answer any questions that you might have. Yes, you might learn a thing or two regarding trigger control.  Smile

Cheers,

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Leszek77 on 8/24/2019, 12:02 pm

I am new to forum. Shooting mostly for fun in neverending quest to put 5 bullets into one little hole. At my age most challeanging issue is eyes accomodation or lack of it. Refuse to go to reflex sight. Presently trying to train my brain to merge two different pictures from two different lenses - dominant eye set for front sight and the other one on target. Hard task... 😀

Leszek77

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley on 8/24/2019, 2:21 pm

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 517fe510

Come over to the Dark Side! Feel the power!
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by airedale on 9/21/2019, 5:23 pm

When I was born, literally the day I was born, I was given a 22 rifle. I could hold it at five.  I learned to sight it in at 7 and started shooting a year later.  Back in the late 1970s and early 1980s I shot air pistol off and on for a couple of years.  Tried to get into high powered rifle. About the time I got my rifle and equipment together and was practicing I had a catastrophic back injury.  Two operations later and several years in rehab I am back to almost normal.  Started shooting "paper" at a local indoor range over three years ago.  Recently Doc Kokol started a bullseye league at the range which we are hoping to shoot first Tuesday of each month. I shot a tricked out Ruger Mark III with a Volquartsen barrel, trigger and bolt. Nice pistol, a pain to clean. The recently I invested in a Pardini SP.  The Pardini SP is truly a wonderful pistol.

airedale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum