Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member introduction Topic

+133
MrSpradlin
Gartenmeister
whitel
Snappyobx
BanjerMan
Toonces
rrampe
Stuman
wjwillia
TJ1911
Sparky_D
dsimmons
DA/SA
EdgardoRohrbaugh
axehandle42
Fairfaxeddy
Frank Brown
DK
ScottB
House11
FimRire RongLifle
NWSteve
Single_handed
jthude
stead
Miller Harry
SaraiEsq
L. Boscoe
Woofie
SingleActionAndrew
Wolfi191145austria
Lueftl
JRV
Blazin
thor
Danw
BruceV
shootz
Seven95
RodJ
lee212
PhotoEscape
Gilou
rreid
Dcforman
Dan Webb
IowaShooter
TomH_pa
Thin Man
CLM
JKR
Psween
OutOfRound
Nightshift82
Lefty
Jimkinmd
Allen Barnett
Jeff Porter
grinchcop
Olde Pilot
Manetti
lakemurrayman
Marchboom
MattMcL
airedale
Leszek77
1joel1
TDP0311
TonyH
northern41
chaffa99
Mel427
Addison203
dronning
cam_1100
PacFltShooter
Garsutt
steveu
Speedy396
KBarth
mwiggins
duffy47591
Stork
David R
C.Walsh
Distinguished- 2086
Poorboy22
chopper
adamperry62
danhue
bob7398
robert84010
valbern67
Richard L
ilLonfo
dev6682
LRS Guy
Jack H
Bpjunkie
BBLain274
Eric D. Adams
TureB
EWN64
lyman1903
Dr.Don
VNK971
willnewton
mcconnor
jagbender
tray999
tomsp8
SeabeeCE
Jon Eulette
SonOfAGun
limbodude
OneRound
sw_slinger
kilowhiskey
losi b
SNaymola
jimorjames
Pistolina
Soupy44
LenV
gjconlon777
Aprilian
gexhj63
Wobbley
tonton christobal
Robert Firch
mspingeld
Jon Math
DavidR
137 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty New Member introduction Topic

Post by DavidR Fri Nov 11 2016, 17:55

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the family, you have joined the worlds largest gathering of Bullseye "precision pistol" shooter's and bullseye Gunsmith's on the planet! These folks are the friendliest and most knowledgeable to the sport you will ever find in one place and all willing to help with anything you might care to discuss about the sport. Please tell us a little about yourself and what brings you here!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty Re: New Member introduction Topic

Post by willnewton Sun Jun 16 2019, 09:39

Welcome aboard!
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chaffa99 Sun Jun 30 2019, 12:54

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around for a while and finally decided to join. I mostly shoot for fun but have been taking more and more interest in bulls eye shooting. I am located in SLC Utah, and the only "competitive" experience I have with bulls eye is the yearly Corporate games. I have a modified Ruger MKII that I have used to some success but find too heavy with its volquartsen 6 inch barrel, so I am looking (and researching) on what bulls eye pistol I should consider as my introductory one.

Jose Martinez

chaffa99

lee212 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sun Jun 30 2019, 14:51

What you might want to do is find an older match conditioned 1911 or just go get a Springfield Armory Range Officer in 45ACP THEN put on a 22 conversion. Shoot the heck out of that until you shoot a 220 to 240 score. Then go find these guys. https://www.upms.org/schedule.php
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty new to forum

Post by northern41 Sun Jul 07 2019, 07:28

Good Morning, new to the forum and would like to says thanks for the opportunity. Would like some help from the members. Looking to contact Dick Horton to inquire if he makes grips for a Hammerli 208s. Can not find his contact info in my files. I have a set of his grips for my Model 41 and would like to stay with that style if possible. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, northern41

northern41

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Sun Jul 07 2019, 20:28

TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by TDP0311 Fri Aug 09 2019, 21:10

Hello all,

I'm a new join from NW Ohio, I live near Toledo which makes Camp Perry a short drive. I have been shooting competitively for 2 years now, and recently legged out in service rifle. As such, I'm looking to give service pistol a go and am eager to spend some time learning about the equipment I'll need to get going. I know next to nothing about service pistol competition besides the course of fire, and that everyone says it is much more difficult than rifle and will teach me a thing or two about trigger control! 

I look forward to meeting the local shooters as I branch out into another shooting sport!

Regards, 
Tim Plowman

TDP0311

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 Mon Aug 12 2019, 12:34

Welcome Tim,

There's a load of information on the site so search away. This a friendly and non-political group that is happy to answer any questions that you might have. Yes, you might learn a thing or two regarding trigger control.  Smile

Cheers,

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Leszek77 Sat Aug 24 2019, 13:02

I am new to forum. Shooting mostly for fun in neverending quest to put 5 bullets into one little hole. At my age most challeanging issue is eyes accomodation or lack of it. Refuse to go to reflex sight. Presently trying to train my brain to merge two different pictures from two different lenses - dominant eye set for front sight and the other one on target. Hard task... 😀

Leszek77

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sat Aug 24 2019, 15:21

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 517fe510

Come over to the Dark Side! Feel the power!
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by airedale Sat Sep 21 2019, 18:23

When I was born, literally the day I was born, I was given a 22 rifle. I could hold it at five.  I learned to sight it in at 7 and started shooting a year later.  Back in the late 1970s and early 1980s I shot air pistol off and on for a couple of years.  Tried to get into high powered rifle. About the time I got my rifle and equipment together and was practicing I had a catastrophic back injury.  Two operations later and several years in rehab I am back to almost normal.  Started shooting "paper" at a local indoor range over three years ago.  Recently Doc Kokol started a bullseye league at the range which we are hoping to shoot first Tuesday of each month. I shot a tricked out Ruger Mark III with a Volquartsen barrel, trigger and bolt. Nice pistol, a pain to clean. The recently I invested in a Pardini SP.  The Pardini SP is truly a wonderful pistol.

airedale

Back to top Go down

Post by MattMcL Wed Dec 11 2019, 21:56

Greetings!  I'm an old Bullseye-L email list subscriber from a decade ago.  Just re-discovered this forum.  Former MA resident, where I was very active in Bullseye leagues and matches.  I'm now living in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL (between Jacksonville and St. Augustine) and looking to get back into precision shooting.

MattMcL

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty New Member introduction Topic

Post by Marchboom Sun Dec 29 2019, 17:27

Been looking for a good bullseye type forum when I found this one. Lots of great info so I registered.

I live in North Idaho. Retired from the Air Force as a boom operator on KC-135's. I mostly like to shoot varmint rifles and recently acquired a benchrest rifle in .308 so I've been busy developing loads for that gun. Also just got a 10mm 1911 Rock Island pistol and that is also in the load testing stage. Been handloading since the early 1970's and being retired gives a lot of time to pursue that pastime. Back in the 80's I used to compete in handgun silhouette but up here there is no close range for that discipline. I shoot at the Farragut Shooting Range near Bayview, ID.

Other hobbies are photography and drag racing.
Marchboom
Marchboom

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 Mon Dec 30 2019, 12:40

Welcome! I also have been a hobbyist photographer for about 40+ years Smile. Used to race GP bikes as well. I guess speed, guns, and pictures have something in common.

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty new member,sorta

Post by lakemurrayman Fri Jan 03 2020, 19:32

Hello ya'll,been lurking on the site for a while but figured it's time to tell a little bit about myself.I started shooting bullseye about 6 years ago.Back when I was young I shot PPC for several years until going into the nuclear industry.I've spent a good portion of my life as a machinist and have a little backyard machine shop where I piddle.I have been known on occasion make a custom knife when time permits.Also I build my on rifles when the mood strikes.I and several others make an annual trip out to Montana to help keep down the prairie dog population.My wife and I live on lake Murray in South Carolina hence the lakemurrayman.I do enjoy shooting bullseye but it surely can be frustrating.Thanks for listening.                                      
John Harvey

lakemurrayman

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty Old shooter hoping to return

Post by Manetti Wed Jan 08 2020, 06:14

I have been away from the game for many years. I currently live in Central Florida and I am looking for Bullseye matches close to Orlando.

I started shooting Bullseye while in the Army in 1960. Some of you older shooters may remember a device I invented called ClearsighT for iron sights shooting.

I would appreciate any information about Bullseye and matches. Sadly,I am partially disabled and standing up for any length of time is both painful and difficult. I hope to overcome that issue.

Manetti

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don Wed Jan 08 2020, 11:05

Welcome.  I have and still use a Clearsight device.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Wed Jan 08 2020, 11:08

Manetti wrote:I have been away from the game for many years. I currently live in Central Florida and I am looking for Bullseye matches close to Orlando.

I started shooting Bullseye while in the Army in 1960. Some of you older shooters may remember a device I invented called ClearsighT for iron sights shooting.

I would appreciate any information about Bullseye and matches. Sadly,I am partially disabled and standing up for any length of time is both painful and difficult. I hope to overcome that issue.
Welcome! Maybe you need to invent the ClearstanD. I could sure use one Razz)
Go Army!
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot Wed Jan 08 2020, 13:02

Unfortunately, Central Florida is a BE wasteland. For practice outdoors, the Robert Strickland Range in Daytona (Volusia County facility) is excellent and very inexpensive.

Outdoor matches with turning targets are at Wyoming Antelope Club/Pinellas Outdoor Shooting Range in Clearwater almost every Sunday.

Gateway Gun Club in Jacksonville has BE twice a month and conducts the Dixie Regional and Florida State State Championships. Google these for more info and PM me if I can help further with specific POC's or such.

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchcop Sat Jan 11 2020, 23:33

I joined the forum at the end of December, wanting to tap into all of the information here as I start on the journey into precision pistol.  I've competed in the action pistol disciplines in the past and have spent the last few years competing in service rifle (having earned my distinguished badge and placed in the P100).  

With this discipline, I don't know what I don't know, so I am grateful for all of this experience and knowledge all in one place.  

I'm a retired cop from California, now enjoying life near the Smoky Mountains of east Tennessee (Maryville area).  I shoot primarily at the Oak Ridge Sportsmans Association.  When not shooting, I'm typically out on my motorcycle, enjoying cross-country rides.

grinchcop

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Porter Thu Feb 27 2020, 08:58

As a total unclassified newbie to this game and I am glad to find a resource like this to direct some efforts into moving up the classifications and shooting some EIC matches.  With that goal in mind I am starting with iron sights. 

I am new to Bullseye but not new to shooting.  I shoot Highpower XTC and Long range and used to shoot a lot of PPC with revolvers about 20 years ago.  I am finding some good crossover on the fundamentals but some real unique issues that are peculiar to precision pistol. 

I shot my first 900 in a local .22 league on Monday and while I didn't embarrass myself, it did open my eyes to some key differences in one handed pistol shooting versus two handed pistols and rifles.  I have printed out the USMC notebook to work through and am blank wall dry firing to work on sight alignment and trigger control. 

Thanks in advance for the wisdom you all share here.

Jeff Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Thu Mar 19 2020, 12:33

The USMC handbook will get you there if you follow it to the letter one of the best training guides I have seen and welcome to the sport

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty New Member

Post by Jimkinmd Sun Apr 05 2020, 08:17

Hello, newer member from Maryland. I have tried Bullesye competition a few times. Needed better equipment to compete. Now I have a 1911 with a red dot and just picked up a Ruger Mk4 22/45 lite and a red dot for it. I am looking to learn as much as I can here and when the Pandemic is over, start competing. 
Thanks for the add..
Jim

Jimkinmd

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sun Apr 05 2020, 12:51

Welcome Jim. You will enjoy the forum. Someday you can shoot again and enjoy that too. Very Happy
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty Sun May 03 2020, 00:58

I’m a 61-year-old community college teacher/former scientist who’s been into international shooting for about 20 years as a member of Team Shooting Stars, a USAS-certified Olympic Training Center. I served as club president for a couple of years and still coach occasionally. I have shot primarily air pistol (10 m) and a little Free Pistol (50 m), and briefly tried Centerfire Pistol. Gave away my sport pistol but still have its big brother, a spiffy Benelli 95e in 32 S&W Long, which I’m thinking of selling. I also own a Walther/Hammerli FP 60 (single-shot) Free Pistol and a Steyr LP10 for air. Just got a Ruger mk IV 22/45 lite and tricked it out with rubber grips (Hogue, maybe), Volquartsen guts and Tandemkross trigger and muzzle weight (aka compensator). Interested in trying informal steel at the Dallas Pistol Club, where I’m also a member. I’ve been on the excellent Target Talk forum for years and decided to branch out. Never shot Bullseye but curious, and hoping to get into it as soon as this pandemic allows.

I’ve been shooting pellets and .22LR for so long that I can’t wrap my head around the price of other ammo. Had a Makarov pistol briefly and hated the recoil, but loved the absolute simplicity of the design. Beretta 84, what a gorgeous little piece, but same stupid recoil. Later learned that little .380 guns have this in common, plus they are hard to rack (“Oh! That was it!”). Now I’m lusting for a 9mm, in particular a SIG P210-A. Yes, I’ve read all about how it’s not the same thing as the “real P210”, but that’s not my objective; it just seems that I would like the grip angle, the adjustability of the trigger and the reported accuracy.

Or a Pardini GT9, but that price!!!

Lefty

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 5 Empty Very new, but look forward to get started in Western New York

Post by Nightshift82 Thu Jun 18 2020, 14:50

Hi Everyone!

I just got my NYS Pistol Permit in May of this year and my first pistol is a Sig P365, so consider me very green to this sport.  
With that said, my organized marksmanship experience is 10 years of Trap and one year of NRA/CMP High Power, specifically with an M1 Garand and M1A (Marksman Classification).
I look forward to absorbing knowledge and sharing experiences.
Nightshift82
Nightshift82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next