Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member introduction Topic

+133
MrSpradlin
Gartenmeister
whitel
Snappyobx
BanjerMan
Toonces
rrampe
Stuman
wjwillia
TJ1911
Sparky_D
dsimmons
DA/SA
EdgardoRohrbaugh
axehandle42
Fairfaxeddy
Frank Brown
DK
ScottB
House11
FimRire RongLifle
NWSteve
Single_handed
jthude
stead
Miller Harry
SaraiEsq
L. Boscoe
Woofie
SingleActionAndrew
Wolfi191145austria
Lueftl
JRV
Blazin
thor
Danw
BruceV
shootz
Seven95
RodJ
lee212
PhotoEscape
Gilou
rreid
Dcforman
Dan Webb
IowaShooter
TomH_pa
Thin Man
CLM
JKR
Psween
OutOfRound
Nightshift82
Lefty
Jimkinmd
Allen Barnett
Jeff Porter
grinchcop
Olde Pilot
Manetti
lakemurrayman
Marchboom
MattMcL
airedale
Leszek77
1joel1
TDP0311
TonyH
northern41
chaffa99
Mel427
Addison203
dronning
cam_1100
PacFltShooter
Garsutt
steveu
Speedy396
KBarth
mwiggins
duffy47591
Stork
David R
C.Walsh
Distinguished- 2086
Poorboy22
chopper
adamperry62
danhue
bob7398
robert84010
valbern67
Richard L
ilLonfo
dev6682
LRS Guy
Jack H
Bpjunkie
BBLain274
Eric D. Adams
TureB
EWN64
lyman1903
Dr.Don
VNK971
willnewton
mcconnor
jagbender
tray999
tomsp8
SeabeeCE
Jon Eulette
SonOfAGun
limbodude
OneRound
sw_slinger
kilowhiskey
losi b
SNaymola
jimorjames
Pistolina
Soupy44
LenV
gjconlon777
Aprilian
gexhj63
Wobbley
tonton christobal
Robert Firch
mspingeld
Jon Math
DavidR
137 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 7 Empty New Member introduction Topic

Post by DavidR Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the family, you have joined the worlds largest gathering of Bullseye "precision pistol" shooter's and bullseye Gunsmith's on the planet! These folks are the friendliest and most knowledgeable to the sport you will ever find in one place and all willing to help with anything you might care to discuss about the sport. Please tell us a little about yourself and what brings you here!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 7 Empty Rusty shooter

Post by shootz Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:40 pm

I live in NYC and have been in a bullseye club since 1985.
I have been in an out of competition over the years (now out).

We have a 50 ft indoor range and are in Greater NY pistol league.
I'm currently on the E board for the club.

I have my fathers Hi Standard and at best am a 225 shooter in 22. We shoot 10,10,10 matches in 22, CF and 45 &  duello and international.

Rich J.

shootz

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: New Member introduction Topic

Post by BruceV Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:23 am

Hello,

I just joined up this morning.  I have been lurking here for a few months as I have slowly gotten back into the BE game.  Way back when and I mean a very long time ago I was a very active shooter. I made the decision to start shooting again a few months ago.  My goal and I know it is a goal that may not be in my reach, to shoot scores close to what I once did.

I'm 64 still have a very steady hand, eyes are not what they once were.  I never shot with a scope so I'm thinking with my limited sight acuity it will be just what I need.

I live very close to the club I joined; I'm thinking I will shoot 2 or 3 times a week and see what happens.

Still have my Pachmayr box, had to adjust the tray rails(lowered) to accommodate pistols with scopes.

I live in Western Massachusetts

I have learned a lot already from this site, saved me from a few finding out the hard way lessons already.

Bruce

Last edited by BruceV on Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:11 am

BruceV, welcome! I’m new here too (June?) and am glad to see others join especially with experience…. Because I have none. Will make a mental note to follow you recapturing and exceeding your prior scores, and hope you’ll post advice, experience and new learnings from your return.
Rod in central Texas.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 7 Empty Greetings from Greenville, Mi

Post by Danw Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:23 pm

Hi everyone.  Joined the forum today as a new S&W Model 41 owner.  Have not shot it yet but will within the next few days.  Hoping to hear from you with advice on shooting the pistol.  I'm 73, retired and in warmer weather shoot outside almost on a daily basis.  I hate cold weather so only shoot indoor during our club league times and sometimes pay the fee to shoot indoors at our local gun store at off times.

Just wanted to say hi.

Danw

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Howdy.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:48 am

Howdy all! Like so many here, I drifted away from the sport due to family and career but, now that I am retired - and have moved out of md and we are much (MUCH!) happier in Western NC (close to Hickory, NC) AND joined a club with both an outdoor range and a 50-foot indoor “gallery” I am blowing the dust off myself as well as a pair of 41’s and Ruger 22’s. Just getting into dots. (I am 62 but, chose to undergo a lens replacement and whoa! What a game-changer that is!)

We are beginning to winter in Venice FL and I AM NOW IN SEARCH OF ANY LEAGUES - indoor or out - where I might meet and shoot with other precision-minded shooters in the area of FL from Sarasota down to Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Most of all, Thanks for the vast amount of knowledge and experience here - much respected and appreciated!

thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:01 pm

Longtime Lurker decided it was time to join. I shot High Power and Benchrest years ago, work got too Busy. Retired Now been trying to learn to shoot bullseye for about 3 years now,  this form has been a great source of knowledge. Practice 1 or 2 times a week at a local club, some very helpful members there also. I have learned a lot but still have a lot to learn!

Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazin Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:50 pm

New member here checking in from behind enemy lines in Southern Maryland. 

I shot Highpower for many years, on the All Guard team in the 90's, Distinguished High Master. Shot USPSA for many years, Grand Master. Shot PRS for years too. I'm 49 now, and my eyes are starting to fade a bit so thinking of taking up Bullseye to grab a Distinguished Rimfire title while I still can. So I'm saving for a vintage S&W 41 (love those old guns). 

Lots of great info on these forums, I appreciate the mature discussions.

Blazin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRV Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:35 pm

New member here from central NC.   I've shot USPSA and IDPA for the last decade; that's been brought to a halt due to aggressive arthritis.  Bullseye has proven to be a nice change of pace: a definite challenge, but much more zen, and no sprinting.

It's also nice to be able to justify buying more 1911s every once in a while.

JRV

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 7 Empty New from Germany

Post by Lueftl Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:50 am

Hello you all,
may I introduce myself, my name is Hans and I am shooting Pistol and Rifles here in Germany. Although our rules are a bit different to yours, I am convinced to be able to learn a lot, especially whenever it comes to the fundamentals.
We do have some strange regulations here, but if you are shooting actively it is not impossible to have some guns. But you do have to be a member of a club.

Our ranges are mostly 25m and 100metres, only. Some 300m ranges spread into, but the rest is airgun at 10metres.

I am also reloading.

Hope to find a lot of answers to questions I would not have, if I would not be reading in the forum  lol!

Kindest regards

Hans

Lueftl

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:54 am

Welcome Hans!

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:45 pm

Welcome!
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfi191145austria Sun May 15, 2022 3:27 am

Hello, my name is Wolfgang. 

First of all sorry for my bad english. 

I do a little bit of Target Shooting, Competion and reloading.

I shoot mostly 1911 Pistols, i also shoot a little bit 308, AR 15s and Leveractions.

Greetings from Austria
Wolfi191145austria
Wolfi191145austria

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Sun May 15, 2022 4:15 am

Welcome Wolfgang. 
Lotsa great 1911 target pistol advice here and reloading data for bullseye loads. 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Wolfi191145austria likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Sun May 15, 2022 7:30 am

Wolfgang, welcome!
Happy to see more and more of our friends from Europe joining the board. Are there competitions across Austria where you can shoot the 1911?
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfi191145austria Sun May 15, 2022 9:07 am

SingleActionAndrew wrote:Wolfgang, welcome!
Happy to see more and more of our friends from Europe joining the board. Are there competitions across Austria where you can shoot the 1911?

Hi, yes! There are a lot of Competitions for Pistolshooting in Austria. Personal i shoot around my Area weher i live. Most People use S&W 686, CZ Pistols and some 1911s.
Wolfi191145austria
Wolfi191145austria

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 7 Empty New Memeber Introduction

Post by Woofie Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:26 pm

Well, I was born, a long time ago, and raised in England, where even back then, there was zero public interest in guns. I fell ill with one of the childhood diseases, and my next door neighbour sent round some magazines. I don't know how they had them but there were two Guns & Ammo magazines in the pile, and well, the rest is history. I would ride the bus into Birmingham to visit the only bookstore that stocked G&A. The oldest G&A Annual I have is the 1969 edition (I was 14 then). Reading those old books is eye-opening today.
My first gun was a High Standard Victor in .22LR. Everyone else shot S&W Mod 41s but I had to be different New Member introduction Topic - Page 7 YH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7 I still like that pistol and wish I still had it.
I was an aweful shot starting out. Two accomplished shooters, Colin Jackson (UK team member) and David Gregory took me under their wings, took me to matches and over time I got better. Eventually, a lot better.
I took to writing, really loved handloading but the one I remember writing most is the FIRST review of the Glock that ever appeared in a US shooting magazine. That was Guns magazine when Jerry Rakusan was the editor. Times gone by.
Sometimes we date ourselves....
Fast forward: I was exclusively a UIT/UK NRA target shooter, later police, service, long range, frequent competitor at Bisley Pistol xx events.  Moved to the US (AZ) in 1984-5.  Never found anywhere I wanted to target shoot here and it went by the board.  My eyes got worse over time and I could no longer focus a foresight properly. My right eye is now renewed with an astigmatism correction too, so I am giving it a go again.  I have a K38, Walther GSP .32SW Long, a Model 52, one of the last made.  All of these have anatomical grips made by Leslie Bowler in the UK.  I also have a Kimber Gold Cup .45ACP equivalent.  I do not own a target quality .22LR.  ATF would not let me import my Ziegenhahn.  I am thinking of a S&W M41, Buds has the 7" version, I'd rather a 5" frankly.  I have a SIG P210, would like to find a P210-6 target version.
Took myself to my private range last week and had a go at 25 yards on a  B-16.  Not having done this 30 years I was happy to hold 80% in the black with my K38.
Fun to find my candle stub, carbide lamp for sight blacking still in my pistol case.  I really want to persevere with iron sights, not much interested in optics for one-handed target shooting, honestly.
I probably lost you all a few paragraphs back but here I am....
Woofie

Woofie

chopper and desben like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:17 pm

Welcome! Go find yourself a good condition Victor and relive the glory days! Less of a crap shoot than getting a 41, at least the newer ones. You can still get parts from the reestablished Houston High Standard. 

Don't overlook dots yet. Some interesting apertures made by folks on this board allow you to focus on sight alignment...

Dave

Dcforman

Woofie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by L. Boscoe Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:24 pm

New member, somewhat physically restricted on shooting (need to sit after 30min), but I got back into shooting/reloading right before the pandemic, at 86
I still shoot about 200 rds a week of 45, occasional 9mm, and every six months or so I will break out the 22.  Was a serious bullseye shooter 30 plus years ago.
live in Raleigh,NC

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 7 Empty Addicted already

Post by SaraiEsq Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:40 pm

I started shooting in January 2022 (other than a Glock shoot about 8 years ago).  At first, I went with friends to the range but by late February I was confident enough to go to the range on my own (with a good RSO). 

A friend loaned me a 1961 Ruger Standard 22 pistol in April. I started going to the range twice a week, shooting about 200 rounds per week, and soaking up all the information I could from the guys at the range. 

Not surprisingly, my groupings improved and I went looking for challenges.  One-handed, strong hand/weak hand, small targets, longer distances, called shots. Then in July, I went to the National Precision Pistol championships at Camp Atterbury (to watch and take pictures). I discovered an entirely new level of shooting, which I find delightful.

I competed in my first 2700 match in August and just finished my third 2700 match last weekend. I hope to try my hand at indoor 1800 matches later this month. I have had a very warm welcome to bullseye, with lots of loaned equipment and advice and camaraderie.

I live in Indianapolis, but I grew up on a farm in southern Indiana so there is no need to take me for a city girl.

Looking forward to learning from all of you.. and, yes, I have a lot of questions.

SaraiEsq

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:48 pm

Welcome Sara, you'll find plenty of help here.
 Stan

chopper

SaraiEsq likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller Harry Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:32 pm

Welcome

Miller Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by stead Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:18 pm

I'm new to BE but a long time sport shooter in hand and long guns and learn much from forums. I find BE-L is one of the best forums that I monitor and participate. The subject matter and quality of discussions and responses have helped and saved me time and money in a short time already. Thanks to the many good members for sharing their experiences and lessons learned and I hope to return the favor in the future.

stead

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 7 Empty Collector

Post by jthude Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:13 pm

Just here looking for items for my collection Smile

jthude

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 7 Empty New BE member intro

Post by Single_handed Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:07 am

[size=31][size=31]Bullseye intro[/size][/size]

Greetings, happy holidays!
    My Name Is Robert,  I lost my dominate (right) hand to a roadside bomb in Iraq in 2007. The CMP did an article about me when I finally leg’d out for my Distinguished Riflemans Badge in 2013.  I shoot for the “M1 for Vets” Team and in 2015 Mr. Huff at Accuracy X Inc. picked me up to shoot for the AXI Team.  I’m a new-ish bullseye shooter on the road to trying to earn my Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge.  Long Range Rifle is where my heart lies, but I enjoy the challenge that pistols bring. My grandfather shot for the All Army Pistol Team and earned his Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge in 1958, so maybe marksmanship and love of all things Park’d and blued is bred into me.  I had to take a few years off from shooting as I became a father in 2018. But, my son is gettin older enough now and I’ve started collecting reloading components and started back into a training regimen. I don’t currently have any EIC points as of yet, I’ve only shot 2 EIC matches to date. Distinguished pistol shot is my primary goal, along with a secondary of .22 and if I can find a descent revolver I can afford, the revolver badge as well. Hoping that I can get some information about loads, matches in my area (Reno, NV) as well as meet some of the pistol competitors prior to attending the National Matches. I’m not positive I will be able to attend in 2023, but I’m very much hoping so. 
     I’ve been fortunate and found several #’s of Viht N310, Bullseye, win231, a few thou fed GM primers.  Starline brass and nosler 185’s. 
My pistol box currently houses an Accuracy X 1911, Ruger 22/45 and a springfield NM 1911 that I assembled myself from a fitted slide/frame set and a marvel .22 slide. I’m currently saving for a used or new ransom rest for load dev.  Maybe it’s the rifle shooter in me, but my confidence is built around KNOWING my equipment far exceeds my ability.  ;-). 
Respectfully,
Robert E.
Single_handed
Single_handed

SaraiEsq likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next