Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member introduction Topic

+133
MrSpradlin
Gartenmeister
whitel
Snappyobx
BanjerMan
Toonces
rrampe
Stuman
wjwillia
TJ1911
Sparky_D
dsimmons
DA/SA
EdgardoRohrbaugh
axehandle42
Fairfaxeddy
Frank Brown
DK
ScottB
House11
FimRire RongLifle
NWSteve
Single_handed
jthude
stead
Miller Harry
SaraiEsq
L. Boscoe
Woofie
SingleActionAndrew
Wolfi191145austria
Lueftl
JRV
Blazin
thor
Danw
BruceV
shootz
Seven95
RodJ
lee212
PhotoEscape
Gilou
rreid
Dcforman
Dan Webb
IowaShooter
TomH_pa
Thin Man
CLM
JKR
Psween
OutOfRound
Nightshift82
Lefty
Jimkinmd
Allen Barnett
Jeff Porter
grinchcop
Olde Pilot
Manetti
lakemurrayman
Marchboom
MattMcL
airedale
Leszek77
1joel1
TDP0311
TonyH
northern41
chaffa99
Mel427
Addison203
dronning
cam_1100
PacFltShooter
Garsutt
steveu
Speedy396
KBarth
mwiggins
duffy47591
Stork
David R
C.Walsh
Distinguished- 2086
Poorboy22
chopper
adamperry62
danhue
bob7398
robert84010
valbern67
Richard L
ilLonfo
dev6682
LRS Guy
Jack H
Bpjunkie
BBLain274
Eric D. Adams
TureB
EWN64
lyman1903
Dr.Don
VNK971
willnewton
mcconnor
jagbender
tray999
tomsp8
SeabeeCE
Jon Eulette
SonOfAGun
limbodude
OneRound
sw_slinger
kilowhiskey
losi b
SNaymola
jimorjames
Pistolina
Soupy44
LenV
gjconlon777
Aprilian
gexhj63
Wobbley
tonton christobal
Robert Firch
mspingeld
Jon Math
DavidR
137 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 2 Empty New Member introduction Topic

Post by DavidR Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the family, you have joined the worlds largest gathering of Bullseye "precision pistol" shooter's and bullseye Gunsmith's on the planet! These folks are the friendliest and most knowledgeable to the sport you will ever find in one place and all willing to help with anything you might care to discuss about the sport. Please tell us a little about yourself and what brings you here!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: New Member introduction Topic

Post by sw_slinger Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:42 am

mspingeld wrote:Welcome! A machine shop? Oh boy, you're in trouble! My humble advice: Read as much of the forum fundamentals as you can. Shoot a lot. Ask questions, but search the forum first as the answer may already be here.

Where are you located?
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Updated my profile with that info so it now appears in my posts.

sw_slinger

http://raptor-eng.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:58 am

Welcome!  As another engineer, you may want to read the quote in my signature.  Seeing that regularly keeps me focused on the fundamentals (vs. building, fixing, changing, optimizing, etc.).
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 2 Empty Hello from Florida's Space Coast

Post by OneRound Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:45 am

New guy here.  Shot a fair amount back in the 1970's when I was in the Air Force.  Not so much since then.  Recently a discussion with a friend on the fun of plinking with a 22 rekindled my desires to see how good I can be.  Over 99% sure I'll never be world class (given my age - 66 on Wednesday), but I'm here for fun.  Starting out slow to see how I do in terms of modern Bullseye marksmanship. 

Beginning with a bone stock Ruger MK IV Hunter and an Ultradot (not even mounted yet).  I began at the first pages of the fundamentals section, and I'm working my way forward in time - learning a bunch.  My thanks to all who have posted here, sharing their knowledge and experience.

Lee

OneRound

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:42 am

Welcome! You might consider upgrading the trigger in that MK IV. Stock leaves a lot to be desired. A Volquartsen kit isn't too expensive and will make a world of difference.

With the MK IV and an improved trigger, you've got the equipment to shoot 2650+

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by limbodude Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:32 pm

G'day all,

I'm a 47y old bloke living in Melbourne, Australia and software automation tester by trade. I have only recently taken up target shooting (about 1y) and currently shoot rimfire pistol, air pistol and rimfire rifle(for fun). I own and shoot a Hammerli 208 with issues (jam-o-matic), a Unique DES69U (shoots flawlessly) and FWB Model 80 - all guns shoot way, way, way better than me Smile. I mainly shoot ISSF sports pistol and 10m air pistol at club level.

Cheers

Ian

Last edited by limbodude on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar correction)

limbodude

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 pm

Welcome.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:00 am

Welcome from a British Ian, living in the US ;-)
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfAGun Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:16 pm

How did I end up on this web site? I’m not a bullseye shooter.

My father was, though. As a Captain, and then Major, he shot with the USAR Center Pistol Team in Tampa Florida, circa 1969-1976. As a kid, I vividly remember his pistol box, and watching him organize his gear and clean the guns. I recall the blue steel and wood grips, the scent of solvent and oil, and the solid heft on those occasions I was allowed to hold a pistol. A 1911, of course, an S&W 41, as well as a slant grip model High Standard. Typical tools of the era. Of course, I didn’t know those details as a kid, I’ve only now figured out some of it, well after the fact. He retired from the Army Reserve, and our family moved out of the area, and he never went back to the sport. The pistols were returned to team armory, and— he just didn’t shoot any more.

Later, I started my path with the typical NRA Junior Rifle program, progressing through the four positions shooting small bore on a 50 foot indoor range. I did a little hunting, but far more casual plinking with both rifles and pistols. After high school, I went to college and got involved with other activities. Then graduation, a job, girlfriends, different hobbies, other jobs, other girlfriends, a house, wife, family, etc.

But no shooting.

A couple years ago Dad passed away. And even though we had a pretty good relationship, we never talked much about shooting, and little to none about his time shooting pistol matches. But I collected the few guns left around his house— mostly a couple rifles I had used as a teen ager. I cleaned them up and I go to the range a couple times a month now, drilling paper with my old .22 riles. Then I discovered all of Dad’s leftover pistol gear; tools and cleaning supplies, chemicals well past their usefulness. There was even a bit of old ammo; brown box ball M1911 from the late ’60, even a couple white boxes printed Match 1969. A couple leftover magazines helped me figure out what models those heavy .22 caliber target pistols were. That led me here, among other web sites. And that research ignited some interest in me to acquire a pistol of my own, similar to what Dad would have been using back then. So now I have a 1971 High Standard Sharpshooter. Dad’s H-S would probably have been a Citation or Trophy, as far as I can figure, and maybe it was just his backup to the 41. But this pistol is close enough for now. Of course I’m old and so are my eyes, so I’ve installed an Ultradot. I’ve inherited my Dad’s eyes, and some of the problems he had. Maybe Dad might have shot a bit longer if he had a red dot.

So I’ve been trying to get back into shooting shape. Revisiting technique, reading, practicing, studying, shooting. A couple hours at the range, when I can mange to get out there, is like meditation; very relaxing for me. A good antidote to everyday life. I don’t know that I’ll ever shoot in an actual live match, but I’m having great fun, and it’s a cool, round-about connection to Dad.

That’s my story.

By the way, if you shot with or against the Tampa USAR Center Pistol Team between 1969 and 1976, and think you may have known my father, please contact me.
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Welcome SonOfAGun. Thanks for sharing. BE can be addictive so be careful ;p)
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:08 am

Hi SOaG!  I too got into shooting as I kept my Dad's '64 FN Target when he passed away. I still have the briefcase he bought it to the US in (on a plane - pre DB Cooper) and all his paperwork on it.   

You are in the right place!
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by SeabeeCE Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Hello,
I am Vincent, Current Navy Reserve
New to the sport, Look forward to doing an EIC Match in
Southern California area.  I plan on diving in..
Thanks in advance for any guidance

Vincent

SeabeeCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:04 am

What part of SoCAL?
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SeabeeCE Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:21 am

Corona,  Inland Empire

SeabeeCE

Back to top Go down

Post by tomsp8 Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:57 am

Thanks for allowing me in!  Casual shooter, primarily handgun, reload for all my
firearms, except shotgun. Enjoy dove and deer hunting. Member of the NRA and VSSA,
and an NRA/CMP recognized gun club.
Just started shooting Bullseye in my clubs "fun matches" last spring, to see if I liked
it and if I had any chances of at least being acceptible at it.  So far, so good. (The liking
it part, not the being good at it part!......lol)
Looking forward to learning and hopefully sharing.
Thanks!
Tom Speight
Va Beach, VA

tomsp8

Back to top Go down

Post by tray999 Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:23 pm

I have been a lurker for a while and decided it was time to join the ranks.   I have shoot PPC (retired law enforcement), USPSA, IDPA, and back in the 80's two bullseye fun matches.  I am retiring again in the end of March and have decided that I want to shoot Bullseye as I like the challenge of the one handed shooting.     I have been practicing a little and want to give it a try again and have a little fun now that I will have some more time.  

Thanks to all the great and helpful posts I have read.   One day in the far future, I might be able to help someone else.....

Jim

Fauquier, Virginia
tray999
tray999

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:10 pm

Welcome Jim!
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 2 Empty Oops

Post by jagbender Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:58 pm

I posted in the general forum. 
If moderator wants to move my intro here that is good with me

jagbender

Back to top Go down

Post by mcconnor Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Hello,  Been lurking a while and decided I needed to join in.  Live SW of Atlanta and hoping to try a few matches at Riverbend,  South River and or Talledega since I have Sundays off now.  Have shot smallbore in my teens and some service rifle and CMP games but want to get into some pistol in my old age (57).  Have a Mk II with the long tapered barrel and a slightly used but tight RO to start having some fun.
Mark

mcconnor

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum, or back to the forum as the case may be!

Look around, ask some stupid questions, learn some stuff!

Check out the Encyclopedia!

http://www.bullseyepistol.com
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VNK971 Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Hello. I'm a former police officer, retired Army, and retired DOD civilian. I got out of shooting completely in 2002 when I moved to the Peoples Democratic Republic of Hawaii. I was planning on retiring there and didn't want to deal with the hassle associated with owning firearms. I changed my mind and moved back to Texas in 2014 after retiring the last time. I collect S&W revolvers and was thinking about getting into IDPA type shooting. I decided that really wasn't what I wanted to do, but wanted something to be able to judge my ability and progress. I did the NRA/Winchester pistol qualification, and found the one-handed shooting fun and a challenge. I think this is my next step. I'm looking for matches in the San Antonio/Austin area.

I do have one Colt revolver. It was my issued duty weapon when I first joined the PD. I was able to buy it when we switched to S&W model 64s. Luckily I loaned it in 2002 to a friend I served with in Vietnam, and was able to get it back last year when we had our reunion here in San Antonio. I also have one semi-automatic that is not a Smith. It's a Beretta M9 which was my assigned weapon during Desert Storm.

Thanks for letting me join this group.

Al

P.S. OneRound. I'm 2 days older than you.

VNK971

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm

There's a monthly 2700 at Austin Rifle Club. 
Www.austinriflecLub.org
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:39 pm

been here a few weeks posting, (lurking much longer (and just remembered I had not posted here yet,

used to shoot High Power, Vintage Springfield and Garand matches,  then work got in the way
now considering Bullseye,
used to do some local bowling pin and plate type stuff, strickly informal, many years ago

Richard
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 2 Empty New guy from Sweden

Post by EWN64 Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:38 am

Hi, My name is Erik and im from Sweden. I love Bullseye shooting and hope to find some good discussions in this forum!

EWN64

https://motorbetraktelser.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:13 pm

Well you have come to the right place Erik. Welcome and don't be shy or afraid to ask questions. We have lots of answers. Some are even the right answer... Laughing
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by TureB Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi my namn is Anders,
I'm a Swedish pistolshooter that happened to find this forum about a year ago, I've been lurking since and today I finally decided to register.
I'm 45 years old and have been shooting pistols of some kind since I was 12.
I used to be quite active in ISSF disciplines, particularly olympic rapid fire, I did meet John Bickar in Germany some 15 years ago in Wiesbaden or Hannover.
/Anders Turebrand

TureB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next