Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unyque des 69

+15
JKR
hammerli
meulie
robert84010
lyman1903
ric1911a1
Markus-the-carcass
rich.tullo
scheibenpistole
troystaten
DHMG1
Jon Eulette
desben
AllAces
SW-52
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

unyque des 69 - Page 2 Empty unyque des 69

Post by SW-52 Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:07 am

First topic message reminder :

hi people, today in my work(an armory) two persons come to buy-sell a super rare olympic pistol,a unyque des 69,from 60's or 70's. the pistol is super balanced,with ortopedic grips. the owner buy the pistol for only $250.00 including the original box and cleaning rods. the pistol is french made. here in the forum,have experience in this pistol brand?? why i post,because i read about pardini,feinwerkbaw,high standard sw 41 buth unyque,never. in addition,three new old boxes of winchester t22's.

Last edited by SW-52 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add description)
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

unyque des 69 - Page 2 Empty Re: unyque des 69

Post by Jon Eulette Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:45 pm

BJR wrote:I believe the wooden grips on the DES are made by Dick Horton
Those are factory grips in the pics, not Horton grips.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by BJR Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:12 am

I was referring to the picture posted by DHMG1.

BJR

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBone Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:13 pm

Unique DES 69 #2 (on the bottom of the image below) arrived earlier today, and it too is in pretty good shape:
unyque des 69 - Page 2 GjQhN9t

Just shooting a couple of mags through the first one produced an improvement in accuracy for me (I'm a novice), so it looks like I'll be busy burning up some .22's in the coming weeks  Smile

DrewBone

Back to top Go down

Post by BJR Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:34 pm

Great looking pistols!
I have been looking for one for myself with no luck. Also been looking for a Matchgun M2. Both are great pistols.

BJR

DrewBone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Drew, I was about to snag that DES from that site few weeks ago, if not for already huge wait for permit on top of part scarcity. It is a great looking pistol and a better trigger configuration than they usually come with. Awesome price too.  Congrats!!!!
It did come with one mag though?

Tripscape

DrewBone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:24 pm

Greetings,

There are two models after the DES/69.

One is the DES/69U. The trigger mechanism is much better than the DES/69.

The last version was the DES/96U. (ninety-six)

DES/96U Photo

This one is interesting as the magazines are inserted from the top. Similar to the FAS602.

Sportec in Sweden has a variety of parts for the Unique pistols. Shipping is costly, but if you buy enough parts it is not too bad.

Sportec Sweden

Rune is the contact person. His English is way better than my Swedish.

The frames and slides will crack. Watch the condition of the recoil spring. When it gets too weak, the slide starts to engage the receiver. Actually, the take down lever; but, damage will occur.

Magazines are a challenge to source. The originals are 5-rounds. Aftermarket (Triple-K) are 10-round.

One last bit of advice. The barrel weight has a tendency to slip rearward during firing. Once it contacts the recoil spring guide rod, your group will suddenly move to the upper part of the target way out of the black.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

DrewBone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:14 pm

Dave, many thanks on the post! I always eyeballed the DES and appreciate your insight. 96 model from Simpson is the only 96 I ever seen in 3 years.  They had it for a while. Funny that in my eyeballing it I never noticed top loading mags FAS style.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBone Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:45 am

Tripscape wrote:Drew, I was about to snag that DES from that site few weeks ago, if not for already huge wait for permit on top of part scarcity. It is a great looking pistol and a better trigger configuration than they usually come with. Awesome price too.  Congrats!!!!
It did come with one mag though?
'Trip, if you've visited Simpson, LTD, I'm sure you've seen the other DES 69 pistols they're offering in various conditions, both with and without a case and accoutrements. I spent much time investigating the pistol model itself then even more time considering which one to purchase, until I'd narrowed it down to two from Simpsons. Then I found the second one at of all places, a Cabela's out in Nebraska, so I decided to get that one also, figuring it would be a good source of spare parts should the need arise in the future.

Both came with one 5 round magazine each.

Last edited by DrewBone on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : agen, a sekond tyme two correkt even moore spellink erers!)

DrewBone

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBone Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:58 am

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

There are two models after the DES/69.

One is the DES/69U. The trigger mechanism is much better than the DES/69.

The last version was the DES/96U. (ninety-six)

DES/96U Photo

This one is interesting as the magazines are inserted from the top. Similar to the FAS602.

Sportec in Sweden has a variety of parts for the Unique pistols. Shipping is costly, but if you buy enough parts it is not too bad.

Sportec Sweden

Rune is the contact person. His English is way better than my Swedish.

The frames and slides will crack. Watch the condition of the recoil spring. When it gets too weak, the slide starts to engage the receiver. Actually, the take down lever; but, damage will occur.

Magazines are a challenge to source. The originals are 5-rounds. Aftermarket (Triple-K) are 10-round.

One last bit of advice. The barrel weight has a tendency to slip rearward during firing. Once it contacts the recoil spring guide rod, your group will suddenly move to the upper part of the target way out of the black.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks fc60 for the above information. In my search for either the DES 69 or 69/U there were none of the latter to be found, and the DES 96/U models, although available, were, as a novice, more $$ than I was looking to spend on a single pistol.

I have severe RA and my joints and arm strength aren't what they used to be, so even if I prove to be a terrible target shooter I will at least own a couple of fairly well regarded though outdated by today's standards .22LR target pistols that I can enjoy for casual target shooting (re: using two hands), and that I can one day leave to my kids  Smile

DrewBone

Wobbley likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum