Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

changing firing pin on Marvel conversion

+4
jmdavis
Olde Pilot
Jon Eulette
8at4
8 posters

Go down

changing firing pin on Marvel conversion Empty changing firing pin on Marvel conversion

Post by 8at4 11/29/2016, 9:10 pm

The tip has broken off of the firing pin on my Marvel unit. How difficult are the firing pins to change out?
I'm trying to decide whether to do it myself or send it in. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

8at4

Back to top Go down

changing firing pin on Marvel conversion Empty Re: changing firing pin on Marvel conversion

Post by Jon Eulette 11/29/2016, 9:18 pm

Remove screw on bottom of slide that holds in breech block. Drift out extractor pin and remove extractor and spring. Remove breech block. Drift out firing pin retaining pin. Remove firing pin. Reverse order to assemble.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

changing firing pin on Marvel conversion Empty Re: changing firing pin on Marvel conversion

Post by Olde Pilot 11/29/2016, 10:05 pm

Need a Torx #10 screwdriver for the screw. Be careful not to lose the little extractor spring.

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 11/29/2016, 10:57 pm

Take it apart in a 1 gallon ziplock.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 11/30/2016, 1:41 am

jmdavis wrote:Take it apart in a 1 gallon ziplock.

+1
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Al 11/30/2016, 5:34 am

If you're mildly mechanically handy, you shouldn't have any problems.  Good suggestion on the gallon ziplock bag.  Not a lot of tension on the spring, but it's there, so pay attention when taking it apart. Just had to do it myself last summer.  Wasn't overly difficult.
Al

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 11/30/2016, 6:54 pm

Al didn't find the new 2 piece firing pin to be an improvement over the traditional design ;-)

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by 8at4 11/30/2016, 9:11 pm

Thanks for all the good info. I got it apart no problem. I'll order a couple firing pins from marvel tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Scott

8at4

Back to top Go down

Post by Al 12/2/2016, 11:35 am

10sandxs wrote:Al didn't find the new 2 piece firing pin to be an improvement over the traditional design ;-)

Even tho I tried repeatedly.  Thought I had gotten a really bad case of CCI sv.  It was taking 3-4 ball & dummy dry fires to get them to go off. 

Then when I stopped by the Marvel shop @ Perry I was informed my slide was cracking.  Then, whatever is used to hold the barrel in the shroud that locks onto the frame let go.  After several emails (including a video of the barrel turning) went unanswered, I bought a Nelson.  Don't know what's going on with Marvel, I've never had that type of service before (this is my second Unit 1).

Al

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by gweber 12/2/2016, 1:25 pm

I do gotta say that finding that barrel turning was an interesting discovery. It is just an auto adjustable cant every time you fire LOL!!!

gweber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down