Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIG SAUER 1911

+2
Ghillieman
Jon Eulette
6 posters

Go down

SIG SAUER 1911 Empty SIG SAUER 1911

Post by Jon Eulette Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:33 pm

Did a trigger job on a Sig 1911 today. Frame to slide fit was rather exceptional. Slightly better than RO. Barrel fit was similar to RO. Did have some MIM internals. It is also series 80. Trigger job turned out really well with the stock parts.
So my take is this: great factory frame/slide fit. It is SS but Nitron coated frame/slide should be ok. Comes with checkered front strap. I would swap out internals and put a new match fit barrel/bushing in it.
So since I don't own a service pistol I will try and pick one of these up and build myself one. I like it that much Smile
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

SIG SAUER 1911 Empty Re: SIG SAUER 1911

Post by Ghillieman Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:22 am

Which model?
Series 80, trigger actuated like colt or grip safety like kimber?
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:11 am

Sig Target. Series 80 Colt firing pin block. 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:02 am

Jon Eulette wrote:Did a trigger job on a Sig 1911 today. Frame to slide fit was rather exceptional. Slightly better than RO. Barrel fit was similar to RO. Did have some MIM internals. It is also series 80. Trigger job turned out really well with the stock parts.
So my take is this: great factory frame/slide fit. It is SS but Nitron coated frame/slide should be ok. Comes with checkered front strap. I would swap out internals and put a new match fit barrel/bushing in it.
So since I don't own a service pistol I will try and pick one of these up and build myself one. I like it that much Smile
Jon
Is the frame cast or forged? I heard a long time ago (rumor) that the major parts were the same as Caspian.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

SIG SAUER 1911 Empty SIG 1911

Post by Richard Ashmore Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:15 am

BE Mike wrote:
Jon Eulette wrote:Did a trigger job on a Sig 1911 today. Frame to slide fit was rather exceptional. Slightly better than RO. Barrel fit was similar to RO. Did have some MIM internals. It is also series 80. Trigger job turned out really well with the stock parts.
Jon
Is the frame cast or forged? I heard a long time ago (rumor) that the major parts were the same as Caspian.

Used to be Caspian, not any longer.
Richard Ashmore
Richard Ashmore

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:36 am

Jon/anyone, What's the quality of the Sig barrels? Would they be good enough to shoot Expert/Master scores? I bring this up because a bunch of Sig 38 super barrels have shown up on E-bay. One seller had over 10 of them. They have a W/N ramp and would work in the RO 9mm. I only ask because the price is so low I have to wonder if there is something wrong with them. I am tempted to get one just to play with. NFI

Auction:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/302178606569?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

SIG SAUER 1911 S-l1600

Buy now for 78.00  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-1911-38-Super-Barrel-Sig-Sauer-NOWLIN-WILSON-Cut-5-Stainless-Steel-Barrel-/332004325868?hash=item4d4cfff9ec:g:vVcAAOSwPCVYA~m6
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:04 am

A fellow shooter let me play with his SIG Super Target 1911 a few weeks ago. The slide feel is excellent and it really glides well, which I assume partly comes from the Nitron finish, way ahead of an RO in that dept.  The same fellow owns a Springfield TRP and I would say it has a similar quality of fit/feel.

I am not sure if the regular SIG Target vs. Super Target is like comparing a SA RO to a SA Trophy Match.  I have not handled the regular SIG Target. I have a somewhat stock RO and the SIG ST seems a few steps ahead in "out of the box" quality.

The swoopy wood grips look really cool and all, but after a few shots with my sweaty hand, they felt slippery.  I also still like the view through my RO sights better.  These things can be changed easily enough.

My buddy likes his, but it will not feed the flat nose bullets he loads.  He says his other 1911's have no issue with them.  It ate my Zero 185 SWC with no issue.  I didn't spend long with it, but there were no glaring issues and it seemed as nice as anything in the price range.

Seems a bit pricey if you are just wanting a frame to rip the guts out of.  Smile
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down