Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walther "GSP" Expert

4 posters

Go down

Walther "GSP" Expert Empty Walther "GSP" Expert

Post by Rimfire Ric 3/6/2012, 6:12 am

You know the routine. You see a gun. Pick it up. Maybe have a chance to shoot it..........and you just have to have one. Such was the case with me and the GPS a couple of months ago. But the price , held me back for a while. Then a fellow league member told me he was going to order one. The end result was we went together and saved a little on the price and shipping. First range trip was yesterday. Indoors at 50 feet 3/4 inch group from a rest with 10 rounds with CCI SV paper box. Also shot some aguila and it functioned perfectly in the gun, but I didn't group it. Shot a couple of practice rounds and first score was actully a little lower than my average, but second attempt was slightly higher than the average. I can see the potential for improvement with this gun. Besides the look, (Which may not appeal to everyone) I really like the way this gun funchtions and the solidness of it. It is a heavy gun, but its balance makes it feel light (IMO). Trigger pull is sweet right out of the box at 1000 gr. It definitely took a bite out of my shooting budget for a while, but I am very pleased with it so far. Have not field stripped it yet, and it looks to be a little different, but not to difficult. Off to the league match with it tonight.

Last edited by Rimfire Ric on 3/10/2012, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rimfire Ric

Back to top Go down

Walther "GSP" Expert Empty Re: Walther "GSP" Expert

Post by Paper-Puncher 3/7/2012, 7:17 pm

I'd love too have one...But Ive got my 2 MKIII's and my 1911 so I goota behave for awhile....I think if I step off for that much coin I would like the have the .32 cal model....I got a chance to shoot the GPS about a yr ago...and I liked it...very nice gun ....enjoy it....now you just need the .32 for a matched set....;-)

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/8/2012, 10:19 am

Great gun, it may just be a mind game but there is something about holding a quality gun in your hand that just feels good.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gulliver62 3/10/2012, 5:27 pm

It will give you directions to the range and you can buy the kit and turn it into a .32!

Had to rib you about the GPS Smile
gulliver62
gulliver62

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfire Ric 3/10/2012, 7:32 pm

gulliver62 wrote:It will give you directions to the range and you can buy the kit and turn it into a .32!

Had to rib you about the GPS Smile

OOPS! Good catch! I hate it when that happens. However, the pistol will help you find the bulls eye, :-) and you are correct there is a conversions kit that supposedly can be changed in < 5 min to make it a .32 for about half the price of a new pistol, but I don't think I will be going there.

It is a quality firearm IMO, and provides the confidence that comes from knowing your equipment is up to the task. I've been very pleased with it so far after about 500 Rounds and two league matches.

Now if I could just shoot a .45 so I didn't destroy my .22 scores. (:-0 *&*&%%%

Rimfire Ric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down