Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Ammo for the Long Line, or Adjust the Sights?

+3
james r chapman
Chris Miceli
gjconlon777
7 posters

Go down

Make Ammo for the Long Line, or Adjust the Sights? Empty Make Ammo for the Long Line, or Adjust the Sights?

Post by gjconlon777 3/25/2017, 5:37 pm

Greetings,

I'm looking for a consensus out there. For outdoor BE matches, should you make separate ammo for the 50yd. line, or just adjust the sights when changing over from the 25yd. line?

Greg
gjconlon777
gjconlon777

Back to top Go down

Make Ammo for the Long Line, or Adjust the Sights? Empty Re: Make Ammo for the Long Line, or Adjust the Sights?

Post by Chris Miceli 3/25/2017, 5:43 pm

Yes

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Make Ammo for the Long Line, or Adjust the Sights? Empty Re: Make Ammo for the Long Line, or Adjust the Sights?

Post by james r chapman 3/25/2017, 5:50 pm

Consensus???
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer 3/25/2017, 6:27 pm

I think you should make ammo for the long line that shoots the best out of your gun and you shoot well.  THEN decide if you want to change your short line ammo or adjust sites.  
Scott
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 3/25/2017, 6:34 pm

james r chapman wrote:Consensus???
This is one of those subjects that gets kicked around about every 6 months. Do you crack your hard boiled egg from the little end or the big end? I shoot the 22 all with the same ammo. If shooting CF with 9mm or 38 WC in my 52 I don't change ammo but adjust sight. For all other choices I shoot a JHP for the long line and switch to a lead bullet for the short line and still adjust sights. I have never tried to match my ammo so I didn't have to adjust sights. That is what the screwdriver/coin/knob is for. That's my .02.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 3/25/2017, 8:15 pm

I shoot a 200 gr SWC at 50 yds and 185 gr WCBN at 25.  With a 6 o'clock hold, these hit close to the same point so I don't adjust the sights.  For the last year or two I have used a sub 6' o'clock hold at 50 yds and 6 at 25. With this method, I need to adjust sights 2-3 clicks. 

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy 3/25/2017, 9:35 pm

For me, in my slide mounted dot gun, zero 185 LSWCHP over 4.3 WST is very accurate at 50yd and is is the least my gun will reliably function at the 25yd line.
With a match dot the change is 4 clicks between long and short line.  12 clicks with and aimpoint h2. 2MOA
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by gjconlon777 3/26/2017, 3:30 pm

james r chapman wrote:Consensus???
Yes, quite right! Last year my wife and I visited Hell. Blink and you miss it!
gjconlon777
gjconlon777

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down