Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

38 SPL 148gr Zero HBWC

+3
KenO
Wobbley
Magload
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

38 SPL 148gr Zero HBWC - Page 2 Empty 38 SPL 148gr Zero HBWC

Post by Magload 4/13/2017, 8:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is my first time loading HBWCs and my first loads for the Model 52.  I believe I read the bullets should be seated flush with the case for this gun and my loading manual says 1.160" COL.  Well if I don't but the calibers across the button on the bullet I got them at 1.160"  So I think I am ok with that.  My question is crimping them.  I am using a Lee Factory Crimp die how much crimp do I need?  I can't plunk test them as the gun is not here yet I just want some ammo ready when I pick the gun up Saturday hopefully. Don

Last edited by Magload on 4/14/2017, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

38 SPL 148gr Zero HBWC - Page 2 Empty Re: 38 SPL 148gr Zero HBWC

Post by Magload 4/15/2017, 12:49 pm

LenV wrote:Let me know if you need a Leupold mount. Not putting mine back on.

Len
Thanks Len I will.  The first mounting system was a failure.  I have 3 EGW mounts for the rear cut.  A Bomar, LPA, and a Novak and none of those fit.  The normal S&W lets make our own cut to just fit our sights.  Had the same problem with my M&P guns.  Now it's wait and see if Larry's Gun Shop has the RR mount is stock as I didn't get a reply to my order. BTW it looks like who ever removed the sight before screwed up the end on the spring for the Ejector Depressor Plunger.  That is why the sight base was still there it has to be.  Don

Just ordered new spring.  This one is working but it will always be on my mind when shooting.
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins 4/15/2017, 1:44 pm

Yes, the rear sight base is what retains the magazine disconnect plunger and spring.

One thing I never really cared for was the magazine disconnect safety so when I went the route of the current set up I just removed the spring and plunger.
Everything works fine.
So now I can drop the hammer without having to but a magazine into the pistol.
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2