Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woot! New high score!

3 posters

Go down

Woot! New high score! Empty Woot! New high score!

Post by hellsreach Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Sorry, but I'm in a good mood. Up till today, I was often struggling to make 225 (hitting between 225 - 230 about 50% of the time). Today, I shot to rounds with my MkIII and got my high score of 252, and followed it up with a 246. That 252, and one of my SF shots was non-scoring and I still got 252. Of course, that is probably nothing compared to some of you, but It's a big deal for me. If I can, more consistently, get that score and perhaps a bit higher, I may be in fair shape to actually compete -- compete and lose, probably, but at least I wont be embarrassing myself too awfully bad.

Now, considering I only bought and shot my first gun in like October, and decided to try to practice up to compete in Bullseye in December, and then bought and modified my MkIII in late Late January, do people think 252 is good at this level in my training, or do I still lag behind other Bullseye competators?

hellsreach

Back to top Go down

Woot! New high score! Empty Re: Woot! New high score!

Post by Rob Kovach Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:41 pm

252 is good for some veterans that have been shooting for decades. remember that bullseye is a competition against ones self. It doesn't matter how others shoot, only how good the next shot you take will be.

Just think if that non-scoring shot was a 10--you would have shot a 262. I've been shooting bullseye for 15 years and think a 262 is a good score for me.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dan allen Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:12 pm

hellsreach wrote: I may be in fair shape to actually compete -- compete and lose, probably, but at least I wont be embarrassing myself too awfully bad.

I hear this quite a bit and the time to start competing is now - not when you reach a certain level. You will soon be classified with others of the same skill level and be competing against them not the experts and masters.

dan allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:24 pm

I agree with Dan! If you wait until you are shooting expert every time you go to the range, when you experience the points drop that comes from nerves from shooting in an unfamiliar situation, you will see that as a setback. You have to shoot in as many sanctioned matches as you can, so that situation is as familiar as possible. Set achieveable goals for yourself when you go. "no 0's" is always a good goal for a first match.

GO FOR IT!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down