Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli Trailside/Essex Scope Mount

+3
rreid
Boris_La
Allen Barnett
7 posters

Go down

Hammerli Trailside/Essex Scope Mount Empty Hammerli Trailside/Essex Scope Mount

Post by Allen Barnett 4/30/2017, 10:14 am

Does anyone have pictures or information on how they have mounted a scope/red dot on their Hammerli Trailside or Essex?  Larry's Guns lists a scope mount but does not show any photos.  I want the red dot mounted as far to the rear as possible as I don't like a barrel heavy pistol.  I am guessing that his mount would probably be similar to a High Standard barrel mount that place the red dot rearward.  Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Hammerli Trailside/Essex Scope Mount Empty Re: Hammerli Trailside/Essex Scope Mount

Post by Boris_La 4/30/2017, 1:56 pm

UltraDot 25 mounted on Trailside.
Attachments
Hammerli Trailside/Essex Scope Mount Attachment
IMG_0624.JPG Trailside UltraDotYou don't have permission to download attachments.(274 Kb) Downloaded 25 times

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Hammerli Trailside/Essex Scope Mount Empty Re: Hammerli Trailside/Essex Scope Mount

Post by rreid 4/30/2017, 4:17 pm

I have mine mounted like Boris, with tip-off rings on the barrel. Never used a scope mount.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by DanQ 5/13/2017, 9:22 pm

Larry's mount on the X-esse Sport.
Attachments
X-esse.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(139 Kb) Downloaded 17 times

DanQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 5/14/2017, 3:46 pm

I have an Aimpoint Micro mounted on my X-esse using an Aimpoint 11mm base. Relatively low, removable and very light.
Attachments
20161207_185128.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(56 Kb) Downloaded 20 times
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by kayakr 12/18/2019, 7:14 am

If you use the tip off mounts, do you need to rezero after cleaning? Even if using the sight in a forward fashion where you can get a several inch spread between the ring mounts?   How often do you do a full clean?

kayakr

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 12/18/2019, 8:10 am

I've uses both tipoff and the larry mount. Larrys is very repeatable as to zero when taken off.  Tipoff mounts for me depends upon the quality of the mount. My leupolds do well.  I clean my trailside after any 900 except for the bore.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down