Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero 185 gr JHP vs Nosler 185 gr JHP

2 posters

Go down

Zero 185 gr JHP vs Nosler 185 gr JHP Empty Zero 185 gr JHP vs Nosler 185 gr JHP

Post by Aprilian Fri May 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Wednesday night I was shooting next to someone shooting similar 185 JHP to me.   We got talking and I asked if I could compare his Zeros to my Nolsers.   I have had occasional jams on the Noslers where the sharp edge catches between barrel and frame ramp.

I found it interesting that the Noslers were much sharper edged than the Zero.   So if you are having trouble with Noslers jamming, the Zero might give you a different result.

Last edited by Aprilian on Fri May 05, 2017 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Zero 185 gr JHP vs Nosler 185 gr JHP Empty Re: Zero 185 gr JHP vs Nosler 185 gr JHP

Post by C.Perkins Fri May 05, 2017 7:11 pm

They are both a 185gr JHP bullet.
Have shot both in the three pistols that I have had.
Never an issue with either bullet.

I would first look to the magazine or magazines.
I use the hybrids.
And have used the flat followers with jacketed with success.

Magazines are a touchy subject with the proper release of the loaded round into the chamber.
The angle and release must be correct and also the speed that the slide strips the round from the magazine.

JMHO
Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Zero 185 gr JHP vs Nosler 185 gr JHP Empty Re: Zero 185 gr JHP vs Nosler 185 gr JHP

Post by Aprilian Sat May 06, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks Clarence, I agree.   I went through and changed/confirmed magazines were not causing a problem for me.   My point was that there is a small difference between the two bullet manufacturers which MIGHT be helpful to someone who has trouble feeding JHP (after ruling out their magazines).
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down