Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost Famous

2 posters

Go down

Almost Famous Empty Almost Famous

Post by Jon Math Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:02 am

You never know what you will find at the local gun shop.  Yesterday I spied a Smith M41 with a 7” slide.  Nothing special until you looked at the serial number.  It’s only four digits long.  The store owner took the gun in trade and wondered about the age.  He contacted Smith and they had to do a bit of research.  Turns out the original run started with number 1001, the one I saw is from that original batch, but not number 1.

The store had not decided what they wanted for it, but they were thinking between $1800 and $2000.  I’m not sure an old used Smith with a lot of bluing worn off and grips with chips is worth that, unless it was number 1001 itself.
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Almost Famous Empty Re: Almost Famous

Post by Wobbley Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:08 am

You are correct.  Perhaps a 100 or 200 dollar premium on the price for one in a similar condition, if that.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:28 am

If it had the box and tools and papers, and was in unused condition it might have a significant value to a collector.  I’m a shooter, and as much as I’d like to find a used M41, I’m not sure I’d trust this antique. I could replace the springs etc, but starting at that asking price I'd be better with a Pardini.
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum