Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FWB AW93 Review

+9
straybrit
Schaumannk
Ghillieman
carykiteboarder
NationalMatch
Jon Eulette
Tim:H11
Chris Miceli
gregbenner
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FWB AW93 Review - Page 2 Empty FWB AW93 Review

Post by gregbenner 6/7/2017, 11:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I purchased a near new AW93  about 9 months ago, form a gentleman on this forum. There were few reviews/articles on it, but I was finding it was difficult it evaluate internet reviews  on any of the Olympic pistols when i knew nothing about the guns, bullseye shooting or the the evaluator Embarassed So I bought it. At the time I was new to the concept of Bullseye and had never shot in a match.  

My initial impressions of it were very positive, the fit and finish are excellent, it has "the look".  It seemed lighter than some target 22s.  It cane with the sight base and I installed a UD Matchdot 2 immediately. I never really liked the grips, the factory ones are very angular, and, although not terrible, seemed to get less desirable as time went on. Also, the s stage trigger had been adjusted to an extremely light pull, under 1 1/2 lbs. Initially, I really liked the trigger, but as I started shooting in match, I almost immediately changed to a GSP Expert which I had purchased subsequently.  For me, better grips, and a 2 lb trigger.  After perhaps a 1,000 + rounds of CCI-SV I don't recall ever having am issue, it has been very reliable. George Beznovich, one of the US importers is extremely reachable and always willing to help (in my case thinking about trying to adjust the trigger, which I finally gave up on). I later came to realize the Rink grips (medium) are made for me, I have several pairs, and recently received a pair for the AW93.  Perfect, as always.  

A coule weeks ago, I gave the gun to Jon Eulette to 1) adjust the trigger , and 2 to shoot it.. I don't have enough experience and don't shoot well enough to really offer a more meaningful evaluation, but am hoping he will add his comments since there are so few out there I think he was going to shoot the gun this evening, I haven't talked with yet so looking forward to his comments. I'd also appreciate any comments from others who own or have shot this gun.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

FWB AW93 Review - Page 2 Empty Re: FWB AW93 Review

Post by Froneck 8/29/2017, 9:15 pm

NM; I'm thinking mine is second generation, looking at the internet for information I seen an earlier version that was slightly different than mine. I do have the owners manual that came with the gun.
 I also had a GSP, I'll agree it was a great gun, same as the 208S if there was a miss fire it was the Ammo not the gun. I shot some of my best scores with it! Only thing I didn't like was the short barrel, a friend of mine has a GSP that he put in a Volquartsen barrel. Shoots great at 50 yards and is very reliable. Drop it trigger can be adjusted to just about anything desired.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 9/7/2017, 1:47 am

I got a set made for a 1911.  They were beautiful, but didn't fit at all. I ground on them for a while finally gave up and threw them away.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2