Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultradot L/T opinions

+3
jglenn21
gregbenner
SixtyLion
7 posters

Go down

Ultradot L/T opinions Empty Ultradot L/T opinions

Post by SixtyLion 6/10/2017, 10:47 am

Hello,

My first post here. I am a relatively new to Bullseye shooting; I recently purchased myself a new .22 pistol and currently looking for a new optics to mount on my gun. After my back injury I am trying to keep my setup relatively lightweight. So I narrowed down my choice to a few sights including Ultradot L/T. This sight was recently upgraded and dot brightness adjustment buttons were added. I was wondering do any of you guys using this particular sight, pros and cons?? How it compares with Aimpoint H1/H2? Any advices and suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!!!

SixtyLion

Back to top Go down

Ultradot L/T opinions Empty Re: Ultradot L/T opinions

Post by gregbenner 6/10/2017, 10:56 am

I had a L/T for a while, and didn't really like the 4 MOA dot size. The Aimpoint H1 is really nice (I have shot a friend's Pardini with one).  Super quality, 2 MOA dot.  Last I checked there was a huge price differential though. In the price range of the L/T I prefer the Burris FF3, with the 3 MOA. 

What pistol did you get!

Welcome to the Forum!

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by SixtyLion 6/10/2017, 11:13 am

Thank you gregbenner,

I really like Aimpoint, it is expensive sight but it is totally worth it! One of my friends is a police officer and he has an Aimpoint on his duty rifle. His sight is really beat up but it still functions well and holds zero perfectly. I hope to get a deal on Aimpoint during 4th of July sale. 
As for my new gun, I got myself a Walther SSP with mechanical trigger.

SixtyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 6/10/2017, 12:49 pm

if you like the aimpoint and a 2 moa dot and can't afford the $$ try the Halosun 400 series..I use the 403B on several pistols and it's been perfect. it happens to use the H1 bolt pattern
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 6/10/2017, 1:20 pm

I put a Halosun on my 9mm Hi Point Carbine and so far I really like it.  You can take off the high mount and put on the low mount and I think it would work fine with a pistol.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout 6/10/2017, 2:10 pm

The UD HD Micro has a 2 MOA dot with 11 brightness adjustments.  The clicks feel positive but the optics aren't great.  $230 on sale.    I wish the FF3 on my RO had an intensity setting between least and the next brightness up.  The last setting is almost invisible and the next up is a tad too intense.  But then I'd complain if I got hanged with a nice new rope.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 6/10/2017, 2:48 pm

I have a FF2 and a FF3 and do not like the controls on either of them.  I have had problems shooting plate racks in bright sun light so have never tried them for BE.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by SixtyLion 6/10/2017, 3:17 pm

Thank you guys for your suggestions! If I'll get a good discount I think I might be able to afford Aimpoint H1 or H2 sight. 
Well, besides the dot size on Ultradot L/T what are the othe issues of this sight?

SixtyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by John McCormick 6/11/2017, 7:13 am

I had one some years ago. Maybe they've been improved since, but the (non-click) adjustments on mine were difficult to manage. Once zeroed, it was fine, but it took some doing.

John McCormick

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 6/11/2017, 8:18 am

I got the Insight version, somewhat more expensive than the UltraDot L/T. Worked fine but with limited intensity ajustment. Low, Medium, High and auto. Problem with the reflex type sight is the lack of any shade on the lens and no way to add one. Depending on where the Sun is it can get hard to see the dot and sometimes the target. Another issue is I shot it on an AW at Perry in the rain, all I could see was parts of the target between rain drops on both ocular and objective lens. I use it now for indoor shooting.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down