Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

online score reporting

5 posters

Go down

online score reporting Empty online score reporting

Post by bcbasslet 6/24/2017, 4:43 pm

Has anyone used the NRA online score reporting for bullseye tournaments?
 i spent 5 hours last night entering all my shooters and their scores.  get to the end, click to enter the amex card, all looks good. click submit. get "there has been a technical problem with your applcation. Please try again later"
Fury. i go back an hour later, reenter my tournament id and its online code, the list of shooters IS still there.  i try again. Same result. i go to sleep. this morning....the list of shooters is GONE.  5 hours or work and sore wrists... GONE...
if you have had a different UX with tournament reporting, would you tell me? 
 if you have not yet tried the system,  well,....

bcbasslet

Back to top Go down

online score reporting Empty Re: online score reporting

Post by Chris Miceli 6/25/2017, 10:33 am

You're the first person I heard of using online score reporting.
Doesn't it only work for registered matches not approved ?

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 6/25/2017, 11:32 am

Haven't tried it.

I wanted to send them NRA points so I just mailed them the form that the Bullseye software produces.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by bcbasslet 6/25/2017, 12:14 pm

at the moment, Chris, it doesn't seem to work at all!, but it is in fact supposed to work for all matches.  one of the troubles is that it doesn't accommodate 22-0nly shooters, unless you set up the match that way.    Ms. Kramer at Competitions was kind enough to help me, and fix all my tournament registrations to accommodate that.  I'll see what Monday brings...i've emailed Comps w/screen shots.  John, i use Tournament Software, i am not familiar w/ Bullseye software.  but the nra wants us all to report online, so they can reduce their work effort, and our shooters can get their class upgrades much faster.

bcbasslet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 6/25/2017, 12:44 pm

bcbasslet wrote:at the moment, Chris, it doesn't seem to work at all!, but it is in fact supposed to work for all matches.  one of the troubles is that it doesn't accommodate 22-0nly shooters, unless you set up the match that way.    Ms. Kramer at Competitions was kind enough to help me, and fix all my tournament registrations to accommodate that.  I'll see what Monday brings...i've emailed Comps w/screen shots.  John, i use Tournament Software, i am not familiar w/ Bullseye software.  but the nra wants us all to report online, so they can reduce their work effort, and our shooters can get their class upgrades much faster.
Sounds like they are catching up to 1990

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 6/25/2017, 12:52 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:Sounds like they are catching up to 1990

1990 was a good year; it was the year I shot my first 2700.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 6/25/2017, 1:26 pm

According to Competitions,  online reporting only works for approved matches. They told me that they hoped to have it working for registered matches this fall.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by suzcarter 6/26/2017, 9:35 am

I'm sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience!  We have submitted the last two monthly approved matches without problems.  I will say, it would be nice if the NRA would tweak it a little.  Once I enter a competitor's NRA #, it would be great if the name and address would auto-populate.  Its not like the NRA doesn't have this info already.  Would greatly cut down on the possible errors from "fat-fingering" the info.

suzcarter

Back to top Go down

Post by bcbasslet 6/26/2017, 12:11 pm

oh suz, that's very encouraging. thanks for letting me know that it worked *ever*. 
Yep I agree, and also we need to be able to stop entering scores, take a nap, and come back later and continue where we left off.  Have you ever been able to do that?
and we also need to be able to EDIT an entry instead of deleting and starting over, when we find out we've entered a score wrong. 
I heard from Comps this morning, that I'm not alone. lot of system probs this w/e.  So they'll get back to me...
In the meantime, I'm sending paper this month!

bcbasslet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down