Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini Alibi

+2
mspingeld
hbeiro
6 posters

Go down

Pardini Alibi Empty Pardini Alibi

Post by hbeiro Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:37 pm

I have a 2016 Pardini 22 SPBE.  FTE or FTF are regular.  I clean after every 100 rounds; patch first then scrub with nylon brush with Hoppes Elite.  Lately from frustration I have used a 25 cal brush in chamber only.  Calling Pardini in Tampa was a waste of time.  Two phone calls ... two left messages ... no response.  Tonight I had five Xs in a row with the next mag yielding an alibi.  It shouldn't rattle me but it does.  I got four mags ... no one is worse than the rest.  I have disassembled all and cleaned thoroughly.  Observations:  sometimes the shell sticks to the bolt face, other times it stove pipes, and the last condition is failure to feed.  help ...

hbeiro

Back to top Go down

Pardini Alibi Empty Re: Pardini Alibi

Post by mspingeld Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:51 pm

What ammo?

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Strange.  You're cleaning waaaay more than I do.  I only clean my Pardini when I start having FTEs or FTFs...maybe around 1000 rounds or so.  Have you checked to make sure all of your magazines seat properly?  I ask because I've noticed a couple of mine from another Pardini don't seat securely, and when I used them, the magazine started sliding down, leading to some of the problems you describe.  If your magazines seat securely and it still malfunctions with all of your magazines, and you've made sure you've reassembled it correctly after cleaning, I'd start to suspect your ammo.  What are you using?  

FWIW, I've had problems with Eley Target (yellow box) getting hung up in my mags, leading to FTFs; I don't know why, since other ammo that is allegedly has a longer OAL works fine (I haven't measured them).

Ammo that works reliably in mine includes:  CCI SV, Aguila Pistol Match, SK Standard Plus, Sk Pistol Match (my preferred brand...slightly more accurate than the previously listed), Wolf Match Extra (softest shooting, IMHO, but too pricey for me...I'm a cheapskate).

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by hbeiro Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:18 am

For repeat ability and reproducible target results my favorites are Aguilla pistol Match and SK rifle match.  I shot a 2700 in Indiana Saturday.  831 for the first 900, no problems.  Then fatigue mixed with Alibis .. sent me home very disappointed.

Magazine seating?  That's a new one to consider. Occasionally I have thought it was a mag problem but when I isolated the mag and attempted to prove my theory ... no data to prove me wrong or right.  I'm going to the range today ... with a dirty gun.

hbeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:23 pm

When my Pardini was new, it stove piped constantly. Drove me insane. Finally, the extractor broke. I found the little spring was jammed in the slot sideways. A new extractor and spring, no more stove pipes.

YMMV, but it might be worth the time to take a look.
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Sounds like the problems I was having last month.

Changed the bolt recoil recoil spring (713), the firing pin (715) and firing pin spring (714). Vladimir recommended getting the emergency repair kit (EK22) but they were out of stock on the extractor at the time.

I also cleaned the magazines in an ultrasonic cleaner and lubricated them with silicone.

Haven't had a problem since.

Back to top Go down

Post by hbeiro Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:04 pm

You guys are wealthy with experience! I'm gonna check out the extraction process. By the way, is that a spring pin or push pin that's holding it? Not sure how to remove

hbeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by hbeiro Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:04 pm

Oh what type of silicone?

hbeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Pardini could be on the way to Perry/Canton.  So you may have trouble getting in touch with them

For FTE it is odd for this to happen to a gun this new but replacing the extractor and spring behind it would be where I would start.

FTF solution would depend on what you are seeing.  Mag seating could fix it.  The one FTF issue I would see is the second round not getting picked up because it was pointed flat to slightly downward in the mag.  Some ammo is longer and you need to take care when loading your mag.  What I do is after I load 5 rounds I press the follower down while holding the mag at about 45deg angle with the bottom of the mag up and I put by thumb on the rim of top round.  This way the rest of the rounds settle in and all parallel. Then when you let the follower go all of rounds are in the mag they way they should be. Then double check to make sure the second round points slightly up like the top round. I do this out of habit when I had an older Pardini.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by hbeiro Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:35 pm

I just took the extractor and spring out.  The spring well has a round bottom deforming the spring at the angle of the spring twist.  The Pardini Engineers should square this bottom and use a flat coil spring.  The extractor and its channel were choked in wax and gunk. I put the spring on a push pin to help straighten the spring to no avail.  I stretched the spring slightly and cleaned it.  The deformation will return quickly as soon as it is returned to the round bottom hole.

I guess AN EXTRA SPRING IS IN ORDER.  I will be at Camp Perry with a loud green running shirt and floppy hat.  Look me up, I'm shooting alibis Saturday morning.

hbeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:39 pm

hbeiro wrote:Oh what type of silicone?

Gunk Heavy Duty Silicone Lubricant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Pardini USA is one of very few brands that actually listen to bullseye shooters and tailor their products for us. That being said, Vladimir is an international pistol coach and Alex is a very active international pistol shooter. Sometimes it may be hard to get in touch with them, they will have a booth at Perry.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down